• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hope the coaches are recruiting heavily

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Rivals and Scout are more for fans, not coaching staffs. Many college football programs pay several thousand dollars to professional recruiting services that they use in addition to their own recruiting analyses. USF had LRS for a few years (in addition to others) but I'm not sure who they have now. They're much more likely to go by the ratings of those services than they are from Rivals and Scout. Now, some of the ratings can be very similar and it seems as though (to the fans) that the coaching staff is going after players based on their star ratings from the fan sites. They're really not.

That said, Rivals and Scout are useful to coaching staffs in that they oftentimes have good "extra" media-related information on prospects that can be used to help in the recruitment process.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19

Reality bites.

I hope CWT got the staff he wanted because he took his sweet time getting it together in time for a decent class this  year,, IMO there is absolutely zero reason why USF would not be in the top 20 in ranked classes every year if they got out and started working these high schools in Florida.. There is something like 200-300 D-1 players that come out of Florida Every year and some of these kids heading off to Pitt, Louisville, Rutgers, etc... should be closer to home,, WE should be getting a good mix of three stars that have been evaluated and some 4 stars with even an occasional five star. If the program can take off like a Boise State we will have conferences calling us,, Is the AD up to the task here,,?? Woolard came from St.Louis U,, so not sure if he is the right guy for the job to help get the program where it should be,,  

I have a lot of faith in CWT 's ability to coach and get a team together,, but this last month getting a staff together was like watching paint dry,, I put that on the low salaries he had to work with,, USF has to step up on their pay scale and get some decent assistant budgets.. Give the man something to work with.  IMO Woolard is making this whole process more challenging than it should be.

• Downvote 1

Now on the positive side,, RIvals shows us with only 15 commits so far,, I dont know how many scholarhsips we have to give but it would seem to be that we have room to get some nice talent in this mix if still available and looking,, We can turn this class around,,,

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Took his sweet time? The first thing he did when he was hired was to start recruiting.You do realize WHEN we hired him right? This guy has been on the job for a little over ONE MONTH. That's why his staff was put together so "late", he was ON THE ROAD recruiting...you make it sound like he put his feet up at the LRS building. And a Top 20 class? You realize we went 3-9 last year right? and 5-7 before that? In a crumbling Big East Conference? With a program running on zero history, the "what have you done for me lately" attitude is tenfold.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i venture to say alabama is loaded with lots of stars

stars dont seem to matter to the teams that cant get them

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Reality bites.

I hope CWT got the staff he wanted because he took his sweet time getting it together in time for a decent class this  year,, IMO there is absolutely zero reason why USF would not be in the top 20 in ranked classes every year if they got out and started working these high schools in Florida.. There is something like 200-300 D-1 players that come out of Florida Every year and some of these kids heading off to Pitt, Louisville, Rutgers, etc... should be closer to home,, WE should be getting a good mix of three stars that have been evaluated and some 4 stars with even an occasional five star. If the program can take off like a Boise State we will have conferences calling us,, Is the AD up to the task here,,?? Woolard came from St.Louis U,, so not sure if he is the right guy for the job to help get the program where it should be,,  

I have a lot of faith in CWT 's ability to coach and get a team together,, but this last month getting a staff together was like watching paint dry,, I put that on the low salaries he had to work with,, USF has to step up on their pay scale and get some decent assistant budgets.. Give the man something to work with.  IMO Woolard is making this whole process more challenging than it should be.

the low salries allowed him to get a former NFL DC and a current NFL d-backs coach. I'd rather him take his time and make the right decision than rush and make the wrong one.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Now on the positive side,, RIvals shows us with only 15 commits so far,, I dont know how many scholarhsips we have to give but it would seem to be that we have room to get some nice talent in this mix if still available and looking,, We can turn this class around,,,

Tamiami, as well:

Those are not the only two websites for stars and analysis. The only reason I'm actively advertising 247sports (http://southflorida.247sports.com) is because they also offer a composite rating of other site's ratings, and they are very active in providing scoop on USF's goings on.

I can tell you from reading those forums who visited USF this weekend, who is visiting next weekend, who USF is visiting TODAY in fact, and much more.

Slick, that's why I do monthly. Its a few bucks more on average a month, but I can cancel it if I have to without much loss.

Yes CWT was slow to hire a staff who could have been out there recruiting along side him,, DC was the main hire and should have been one of his first so any defensive recruit would know who he might play for and see what the scheme is going to be and whether the recruit even likes the DC or not,,

I am way over the Big East and ready for this school to start knocking on the door of much higher grounds and goals than the Big East,, My opinion is we can become the Boise State of the Eastern US and play in BCS Bowls many times with our recruiting state and the high level of excellent HS players we have within 100 miles of Tampa. I thought Leavitt took us as far as he could get us and Skippy was just a plain bad hire.. I think CWT has a fantastic reputation and being local should have gotten a head start on recruiting and no I dont expect him to sleep until after signing day,, he is getting seven figures to win not work 10, 12 hours a day. He can hire a staff and still see recruits,, no prblems,,  

how many scholarship offers can USF use to sign players this year? Anyone know? 

Edited by TAMPABULLZ

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

Took his sweet time? The first thing he did when he was hired was to start recruiting.You do realize WHEN we hired him right? This guy has been on the job for a little over ONE MONTH. That's why his staff was put together so "late", he was ON THE ROAD recruiting...you make it sound like he put his feet up at the LRS building. And a Top 20 class? You realize we went 3-9 last year right? and 5-7 before that? In a crumbling Big East Conference? With a program running on zero history, the "what have you done for me lately" attitude is tenfold.

Agree that setting up the coaching staff took a reasonable amount of time. On the recruiting, I don't think he was talking about this year and completely agree with 94.