• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mark Royals: BJ to blame for fall of football program

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Many of you just refuse to admit that BJ had any part is the "demise" (as some have put it) of our football program. I wouldn't lay all of the blame at his feet. But as we all know when the team wins the QB gets most of the credit, when the team loses the QB gets most of the blame. Right, wrong or indifferent that's jus the way it is. BJ was not a great QB, but kid left it all on the field, and that is all I ever ask of a collegiate player.

not sure anyone tries to deflect all blame from BJ. Obviously a QB will have some fault for the losses. that can be said for everyone from Tom Brady on down.

BJ was not the primary reason for the losing or the programs fall which is what this post and these posters are unsuccessfully trying to prove.

I agree.

As for the 4 star recruiting rank. See who is listed as other 4 star QB's similar to BJ, I don't care who coached him, he's no where near as good as the other 3.

http://rivals.yahoo.....-Daniels-58795

FSU boards have MANY similar threads to this regarding their comparable 4-star signee. Except HE had a great defense and solid coaching/play calling so this year they're in a BCS bowl. He only cost them the chance for a NC bid (NC State game).

QB should shoulder plenty of the blame anywhere...but the point here is that for Royals to say he gets all of it just isn't taking reality into account (I.e., the hack who coached this team for three years of BJ's career who was unceremoniously pink slipped RIGHT AFTER a lucrative contract renewal...hello?!?!?).

Oh, OK that means the world. Message boards are full of basement/attic dwelling never played a down of football in their lives posters.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

As for the 4 star recruiting rank. See who is listed as other 4 star QB's similar to BJ, I don't care who coached him, he's no where near as good as the other 3.

http://rivals.yahoo.....-Daniels-58795

FSU boards have MANY similar threads to this regarding their comparable 4-star signee. Except HE had a great defense and solid coaching/play calling so this year they're in a BCS bowl. He only cost them the chance for a NC bid (NC State game).

QB should shoulder plenty of the blame anywhere...but the point here is that for Royals to say he gets all of it just isn't taking reality into account (I.e., the hack who coached this team for three years of BJ's career who was unceremoniously pink slipped RIGHT AFTER a lucrative contract renewal...hello?!?!?).

Oh, OK that means the world. Message boards are full of basement/attic dwelling never played a down of football in their lives posters.

...uh, you do know that WE'RE on a message board right now, right?

*cough*

I was pointing out that in the same context that we're pointlessly posting in, that other fan bases are too about another 4-star in B.J.'s class. There are also plenty of punters with microphones and even national "football downs-players" that have questioned E.J.'s decision making and football IQ.

Just trying to provide some of the context Royals completely ignored and you brought up.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Mark Royals was pretty much spot on... except it is grossly unfair to lay the blame directly on BJ Daniels. That kid played his heart out, he just wasn't a D1 QB. It was the coaches fault (and as Mark suggested - recruiting) that we tried to develop BJ into a D1 QB. And the lack of production and performance, the inability to throw simple screen passes or even hang on to the football is probably the foremost cause of our slide in the past few years. Sure, BJ was better than his walk-on backups, but that hardly disproves Mark's statement!

I don't think you're that far off, Grouper. Better coaching during his tenure would have helped mask BJ's deficiencies at the position, but I agree that he was an athlete playing qb with a ton of heart.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Also, in skip's illustrious usf tenure he was 16-21 overall. He was 0-6 in games where someone other than BJ started. Yes, clearly his tenure was BJ's fault.

What? Who was the starter when USF beat UM in 2010? It was not BJ. Can you name that QB? Can you name the head coach?

That being said, Mark Royals is still a tool.

And what would you call the people who listen to him??

Our defenses couldnt close games. But this was because they were all so **** tired from being on the field all the time because our offense couldnt get a first down. And when they would score it would come off 50 yard bombs which would not give them time to rest at all. But all blame should not be put on BJ, our receivers dropped an incredible amount of passes this season. However, BJ never lived up to expectations and throughout his career his name was cursed more than it was praised by fans. A new beginning couldnt come soon enough.

So Sanjay has shown this to argument to be a total fabrication. So what's the next play? What's the next lie people will make up to support this losing argument?

TOP isn't the only stat that matters in this argument. Your right, the D sucked BJ was great. End of discussion. As well all know one stat tells the whole story, right?

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Our defenses couldnt close games. But this was because they were all so **** tired from being on the field all the time because our offense couldnt get a first down. And when they would score it would come off 50 yard bombs which would not give them time to rest at all. But all blame should not be put on BJ, our receivers dropped an incredible amount of passes this season. However, BJ never lived up to expectations and throughout his career his name was cursed more than it was praised by fans. A new beginning couldnt come soon enough.

So Sanjay has shown this to argument to be a total fabrication. So what's the next play? What's the next lie people will make up to support this losing argument?

TOP isn't the only stat that matters in this argument. Your right, the D sucked BJ was great. End of discussion. As well all know one stat tells the whole story, right?

Who has said BJ was great? You are making up arguments in your own head and then refuting them. Congratulations, I guess, but your imaginary friends have zero relevance to the discussion going on in this thread.

Who has said BJ was great? You are making up arguments in your own head and then refuting them. Congratulations, I guess, but your imaginary friends have zero relevance to the discussion going on in this thread.

You are an idiot! How do you think that BJ played? Did you read ZBulls post? Did you read the bolded part above, or are you too stupid to read. Way to go personal, you are a F'm tool, people like you live by the theory of The Bravery of Being out of Range.

Now answer my post. TOOL!!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

Enough said...