• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Reaches Out to Fresno State and UNLV

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I would prefer to have 12 members who are full members. Everyone should play football and basketball, and most should be playing baseball/softball and soccer. This patchwork stuff is exactly what hurt the Big East in the long run. Have 12 members on equal footing committed to the same thing.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

"Have 12 members on equal footing committed to the same thing."

Indeed.

Committed to getting out of this conference as soon as possible.

groucho-marx-on-reading-21664922.jpg

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I would prefer to have 12 members who are full members. Everyone should play football and basketball, and most should be playing baseball/softball and soccer. This patchwork stuff is exactly what hurt the Big East in the long run. Have 12 members on equal footing committed to the same thing.

Exactly.

Have a West-Coast and an East Coast all-sports conference playing each other exclusively with occasional cross-over games under one banner if you need to, but the new conference needs to be all-sports!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

BYU

National following. Their fans will pack stadiums whereever they play.

Big Leftover Conference needs BYU & AF.....

Not sure why people make such a big deal out of BYU. They fill their stadium but they've pulled pretty crappy TV ratings since they signed their contract with ESPN. Their national merchandise sales aren't all that impressive either.

(48.) University of Connecticut

(49.) University of Pittsburgh

(50.) University of Colorado

(51.) Brigham Young University

(52.) University of Cincinnati

(53.) East Carolina University

http://clc.com/clcwe...ngs Annual 2012

My god, we ARE joined at the hip with UCiF!!

(57.) The University of Montana

(58.) University of South Florida

(59.) University of Central Florida

(60.) Vanderbilt University

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Screw this mishmash conference....the conference needs to be all schools playing in all sports, anything less is a recipe for failure.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly.

Have a West-Coast and an East Coast all-sports conference playing each other exclusively with occasional cross-over games under one banner if you need to, but the new conference needs to be all-sports!

Add an NFL-like playoff system within the conference for football and you got yourself a smashing hit.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Exactly.

Add an NFL-like playoff system within the conference for football and you got yourself a smashing hit.

Yeah, now that you mention it, that's pretty much it. I really do believe this is the best way to go.

Call me a pessimist, but I do not see ANY scenario that any team from the NBE gets to the NCG. I would rather do our own thing and have our own championship.

Exactly.

Yeah, now that you mention it, that's pretty much it. I really do believe this is the best way to go.

Call me a pessimist, but I do not see ANY scenario that any team from the NBE gets to the NCG. I would rather do our own thing and have our own championship.

Well, under the new BCS rules, if they finish in the Top 4 in the nation, they will get a spot in the BCS 4-team playoffs.

but let's not hold our breath, we gotta create excitement within our conference and hope for the best.

NCAA FBS 1-A football is the only sport in the entire NCAA that does not have a playoff system. as the little fish in the pond, now is our time to be creative and to create the excitement that BCS conferences lack-- A PLAYOFF SYSTEM. here's what i think would be cool, and could trump what the powerconferences have:

1. merge big east + mountain west + c-usa into one coast-to-coast league called "Big America" conference

- have this conference be up to 20 members, 4 divisions, 5 teams per division (divided by geography - north, south, east, west

- each team plays a team within their division at least once a year (4 games) + 1 game against a team in the other 3 divisions (3 games) = 7 "big america" games.. 4 intradivisional, 3 games from other divisions (e.g.- usf in south division plays 4 south div games, then 1 game vs north team, 1 game vs east team, 1 game vs west team = 7 games)

- give each team the remaining schedule to schedule whoever they want (bcs teams, 1-aa warmups, etc)

- 4 division winners move on to the "big america" playoffs.. semi-finals played on home turfs of top 2 teams

- "big america" championship held at neutral site

let's say a team like boise st runs the table through big america play a goes undefeated throughout our playoffs-- good chance they can get #4 overall ranking and can go to the BCS playoffs.. if not, it makes for good coast-to-coast programming at the very least

Edited by FPTGCC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Exactly.

Well, under the new BCS rules, if they finish in the Top 4 in the nation, they will get a spot in the BCS 4-team playoffs.

That's not entirely accurate. It's not how you finish in some poll, it's whether a committee picks you as one of the 4 playoff teams ... At least, that's the way I understood it when it first came out.

Exactly.

That's not entirely accurate. It's not how you finish in some poll, it's whether a committee picks you as one of the 4 playoff teams ... At least, that's the way I understood it when it first came out.

Ok well that makes it even more Subjective and more of a reason why we cant rely on this BCS committee to vote one of our members in.

we gotta do what we gotta do to create our own excitement- which is create our own playoff system