• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Reaches Out to Fresno State and UNLV

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lol

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Make sense to me.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I am pretty ok with this, but I wonder if this means BYU / Air Force are no goes.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

I am pretty ok with this, but I wonder if this means BYU / Air Force are no goes.

Fresno fine, UNLV...no way. Decent basketball, but their football program is a joke.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

Fresno fine, UNLV...no way. Decent basketball, but their football program is a joke.

I agree. Fresno would be acceptable. But, adding the western version of Tulane makes me want USF to run out of the conference even more.

We will eventually lose at least Cincinnati and UConn. The rumor is we will lose the Big East name, and possibly make even less money than now. And, now we are going to bring ourselves closer to the bottom of FBS football? :puke:

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

I think we need to face it....a 12 to 16 team all-sports conference is the way to go.

Also, if you allow the MW to rebuild then the reconfigured BE would have to battle them for the remaining access bowl slot. A combination of the best teams from both conferences assures the new combined league the slot and the only thing the teams would have to do is compete against its own conference, not biased opinions over which team from the remaining conferences is deserving of the slot.

I believe this is the best path for USF, the better teams left out there and a newly reconfigured league looking to add TV value.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

I think we need to face it....a 12 to 16 team all-sports conference is the way to go.

Also, if you allow the MW to rebuild then the reconfigured BE would have to battle them for the remaining access bowl slot. A combination of the best teams from both conferences assures the new combined league the slot and the only thing the teams would have to do is compete against its own conference, not biased opinions over which team from the remaining conferences is deserving of the slot.

I believe this is the best path for USF, the better teams left out there and a newly reconfigured league looking to add TV value.

I agree but UNLV is not the way to go. Get the other team in that state, add Nevada Reno. The only reason you look to add Vegas is for exactly that reason, the Las Vegas market. Unless adding the Vegas market offers up a much bigger value for a TV deal then I would stay out of vegas. Reno has a better football product and their basketball is 35-11 over the last two seasons. Better complete package if you ask me.

Edited by fuhbull11

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

still best of the rest. hope we grab BYU.

hope cincy and uconn stay and we're looking ok. win and pack ray jay for a few years and we're looking good.

no instant gratification, but we get there.