• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good Bad Ugly vs Youngstown State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I only caught the 2nd half on Dizzney3 online but I gotta say we looked pretty dang good against those Penguins. Hard to believe it was tied at the half. Glad I didn't see the 1st half. They did show Judy going ******** in the stands every time we scored. it's cool to see the big boss so genuinely fired up.

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Is Musa Abdul - Aleem (sp?) supposed to be a scoring threat? He didn't seem to be hitting shots in warm up and that carried over to the game. Maybe it was just one of those night.

Coach Heath said in the post game show that Musa was a little jittery today, just excited to finally be playing. I expect him to calm down and get into the flow of things as his minutes increase over the next few games.

Gotta disagree about the student section. Nah, it ain't what it was when I was a student. But it was a Tuesday night on holiday break. Gotta say, for a holiday time game, I like what the students are up to. For example, a ringleader group gives a signal before free throws and the whole section yells "Horns Up!" Then they put up the hand sign to support the free thrower. Would be cool if the announcer prompted this at football games before kicks and kickoffs. If only the script for the football game announcer wasn't so horribly unimaginative over the past bunch of years ... But I wouldn't put the student section in "ugly" compared to what it's been in the recent past.

I know its not truly ugly. But I will pretty much always put them in here until we get a better showing. Its just my own personal thing. Its one thing for the regulars to be there cheering and standing the whole game, its another when the entire level will finally be cheering and standing in unison.

And yes, the "horns up" is finally spreading. It used to be just one person saying it, but now its become 4 or 5 to keep the band from screwing it up with their "bulls up".

And outrunner needs to add another category, Mysterious ... Is Hawkins hurt?

Yes, that's what I've heard.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hawkins has a bad back.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Pretty good analysis right there Outrunner. Not much to add to it other than I would love to see Fitzpatrick make a freaking lay up on occasion. Think he was about 1 for 7 right under the basket.

Is Musa Abdul - Aleem (sp?) supposed to be a scoring threat? He didn't seem to be hitting shots in warm up and that carried over to the game. Maybe it was just one of those night.

I think Abdul-Aleem really ignited the offense mid way through the second that put the Penguins away for good. He moves well with and without the ball and there wasn't as much standing around when he was on the floor. As long as he is healthy, Noriega should never see the floor again outside of garbage time.

Musa added a spark but he looked rusty as hell out there but he's got a few more games to get back into the rhythm ...

I think what was clearly lacking was offense coming from the low post. Kore White showed he is capable at times, but we need much more than what he's got come big east play.

I really don't think White's going to be that much of a contributor inside. If we have any hope there, it's going to have to come from Toarlyn and Rudd ....

Really impressed with Brock's defense in the second half ... Showed flashes of Robertson type intensity, which we will sorely need come conference play.

Didn't know about Hawkins but that's good to hear, from one perspective.

Just a couple of quick adds:

Good

- And I think he wasn't included in the original "Good" because he's already being taken for granted, but AC had his usual rock steady game tonight. Hit some key baskets early when it looked like YSU was heading for a run .... and it's amazingly scary how disjointed we look when he's not out there.

Bad

- Attendance ... There were less than a thousand, announced, more than a game at the same time last year played off campus ... and that increase is mainly due to new season ticket holders. Would have hoped for more.

Cool

- Commemorative basketball they gave out to season tix holders for the last 3 years:

bullscommbb_zps695158a7.jpg

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Good

- Victor Rudd dunk makes #6 on the Top 10 list over on the four letter network.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Didn't know about Hawkins but that's good to hear, from one perspective.

Just a couple of quick adds:

Good

- And I think he wasn't included in the original "Good" because he's already being taken for granted, but AC had his usual rock steady game tonight. Hit some key baskets early when it looked like YSU was heading for a run .... and it's amazingly scary how disjointed we look when he's not out there.

Bad

- Attendance ... There were less than a thousand, announced, more than a game at the same time last year played off campus ... and that increase is mainly due to new season ticket holders. Would have hoped for more.

Cool

- Commemorative basketball they gave out to season tix holders for the last 3 years:

Very Cool. You going to get Heath to sign it?

Very Cool. You going to get Heath to sign it?

Actually hadn't thought about it but he does do his radio show about 2 minutes away from my house ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Go for it!