• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wisconsin Has Interviwed Willie Taggart for HC position- WHahhh!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The articles and quotes were all from the last 24 hours after an AP release. Alvarez may or may not think Taggart is still in play, but he is clearly using it in his recruiting schtick. That's why the ambiguity in my post, but this isw NOT dated news.

And yes Trip, I knew the initial interview with Willie took place before he was hired at USF

This is what I was sooooo pissed about when we hired CWT... From what I heard, USF only interviewed Taggart and Nutt, and they only interviewed Nutt because his agent pressed the issue. USF contacted other coaching candidates, but only interviewed two candidates out of like 15.

Its impossible to get a good salary out of a new hire for a any big level spot if you handicap yourself by not having a good field of candidates, so you can use those candidates to negotiate your chosen candidate down in price.

Its salary negotiations 101.

I'm sorry, I must have missed you being in on the interview and selection process. I'd love to hear everything about the process, who was interviewed when, how each interview went, what was good and what was bad about each interview.

If you could supply us all the details about what happened, since you were there, that would be awesome.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The articles and quotes were all from the last 24 hours after an AP release. Alvarez may or may not think Taggart is still in play, but he is clearly using it in his recruiting schtick. That's why the ambiguity in my post, but this isw NOT dated news.

And yes Trip, I knew the initial interview with Willie took place before he was hired at USF

This is what I was sooooo pissed about when we hired CWT... From what I heard, USF only interviewed Taggart and Nutt, and they only interviewed Nutt because his agent pressed the issue. USF contacted other coaching candidates, but only interviewed two candidates out of like 15.

Its impossible to get a good salary out of a new hire for a any big level spot if you handicap yourself by not having a good field of candidates, so you can use those candidates to negotiate your chosen candidate down in price.

I'm sorry, I must have missed you being in on the interview and selection process. I'd love to hear everything about the process, who was interviewed when, how each interview went, what was good and what was bad about each interview.

If you could supply us all the details about what happened, since you were there, that would be awesome.

I'm going off of news reports which all stated (all of the ones I read) that USF only interviewed two people... if I know this then I'm sure CWT's agent knew this as well. It automatically puts USF at a disadvantage in the negotiation process.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

CWT was on 98.7 this morning with Kirk and Dinger and is going to be on ESPN @ 3:30 today repping USF.

If he takes the Wisky job, he has some enormous stugots!

Judy and Doug need to get some answers quickly so we don't look like fools.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

CWT was on 98.7 this morning with Kirk and Dinger and is going to be on ESPN @ 3:30 today repping USF.

Good grief!! He interviewed with Wisconsin before he took the USF job.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm going off of news reports which all stated (all of the ones I read) that USF only interviewed two people... if I know this then I'm sure CWT's agent knew this as well. It automatically puts USF at a disadvantage in the negotiation process.

you realize he's earning like $900k less than our last coach right? his contract from what i understand is very favorable towards USF. nothing like Holtz contract.

it's unbelievable that anyone would think otherwise. if they wanted him they would have told him he is still under consideration and if he wanted to go coach in freaking snow country he would have told us to wait until he decided.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

+1

Tempest in a tea pot. Believe me, we have enough real issues to deal with.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

you realize he's earning like $900k less than our last coach right? his contract from what i understand is very favorable towards USF. nothing like Holtz contract.

Even so he is still one of the highest paid coaches in the Big East and he has not done anything.

USF could had got him for a lot less had they played the game more.

Negotiations is a art.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Even so he is still one of the highest paid coaches in the Big East and he has not done anything.

Negotiations is a art.

Why? So we can get picked off after a season? USF did exactly what it needed to do. This thread is ridiculous, people already complaining and we haven't even played a game yet. Typical Bulls fans. The thread should have never even been started since it has no relevance anymore. CWT interviewed before he took this job and that is that.

Negotiations is a art.

we got him for a great deal. his buyout isn't ridiculous. it was mutually beneficial. he isn't one of the highest paid coaches in the big east. UCfs coach makes $400k more than him. hell ECU pays their coach more.