• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wisconsin Has Interviwed Willie Taggart for HC position- WHahhh!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

The articles and quotes were all from the last 24 hours after an AP release. Alvarez may or may not think Taggart is still in play, but he is clearly using it in his recruiting schtick. That's why the ambiguity in my post, but this isw NOT dated news.

Please specify how Alvarez is clearly using Taggart in his recruiting Shtick. There was no quote in either article that mentions Taggart and nothing that says his interview was more recent than 2 weeks ago .... Plus, any "news" that utilizes the word 'reportedly' is not news, it's rumor.

Well dear friend, If I, as an AD, have interviewed 2 candidates and both of them have moved on and I only have 1 additional candidate (from reporting), I have some serious negotiating problems when offering the 3rd candidate.( hence recruiting schtick). And if we no longer allow the use of the word 'reportedly', what shall we talk about here when our insomnia ruled minds seek solace?

You're seeking solace in WT interviewing for the Wisconsin job?? .... and Alvarez has not come out and said how many candidates he has interviewed so your whole hypothesis is built on a deck of cards. You have got to be more discriminating, ie less gullible, when digesting information out there on the Internets.

The Google search, Einstein is "Taggart Alavarez" It yields 93 articles within the last 24. Maybe we need search engine classes sponsored by TBP.

Apparently we you do ...

I wouldn't really call it 93 articles. It's 93 identical or reworked versions of the same poorly worded AP article. It would appear to me that the article isn't factually incorrect, but the time frame of events is muddied by sloppy writing.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

LOL

Not that I believe Taggart is going anywhere other than to his office at USF campus, but does anyone really think that the same guy who gave Holtz an extension after a 5-7 season and didn't write a clause in Holtz's contract to stop paying him if he took another job ... would write a clause to allow USF to get out of the contract if Taggart interviewed for another job so quickly?

LOL

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Easy now, easy....

Blood pressure is a serious issue, folks. Let's not **** with it, mmmkay?!?

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

They still think that the BE is a viable conference that is going to get a lucrative TV deal and be “on-par†with the other big conferences.

Do you have a source, or is this more of the same "I haven't specifically heard who Judy Genshaft is meeting with, so that means she must be doing nothing" idiocy? (Disclaimer: I already know the answer to my question.)

http://www.tampabay....ational-success

http://www.tampabay....a-judy-genshaft

I believe it's the 3rd question from GA

So does that mean you don't have a source? Because I don't see anything that says what you claimed they said. I see no speculation about the value of the Big East's television contract, nothing about being "on-par" with anything else, nothing but boring, predictable coachspeak about USF's "great future" and such.

Here's the third question from Greg:

Q: What is going on with the Big East, the future of the Big East, the future for you guys?

A: "The Big East is all about opportunity. We're a national league right now. We've got a lot of teams there. It's been very difficult to answer what's going to be in the future, because it's dominos. One league takes another and it goes back and forth. As of now, we're really happy with the Big East. We've got one of the best basketball programs ever. We've got Madison Square Garden for the next 8 to 10 years. It's pretty exciting. We're bringing on some good teams: Boise and Navy will be coming in. It's going to be good."

Plenty of disclaimers there that they don't, in fact, know what the future of the Big East is.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Anyone who reads the paper a lot knows that often the same material from the AP, Reuters, ESPN, etc. is borrowed, rehashed, and reformulated dozens of times in papers throughout the country. Seems to me that this is an example of where the actual timing of events was lost in translation. It's virtually inconceivable to me that Taggart would be interviewing for Wisconsin (of all places) after his "welcome home" press conference last week. I agree that the article is referring to an interview that took place before he accepted the USF job.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

They still think that the BE is a viable conference that is going to get a lucrative TV deal and be “on-par†with the other big conferences.

Do you have a source, or is this more of the same "I haven't specifically heard who Judy Genshaft is meeting with, so that means she must be doing nothing" idiocy? (Disclaimer: I already know the answer to my question.)

http://www.tampabay....ational-success

http://www.tampabay....a-judy-genshaft

I believe it's the 3rd question from GA

So does that mean you don't have a source? Because I don't see anything that says what you claimed they said. I see no speculation about the value of the Big East's television contract, nothing about being "on-par" with anything else, nothing but boring, predictable coachspeak about USF's "great future" and such.

Here's the third question from Greg:

Q: What is going on with the Big East, the future of the Big East, the future for you guys?

A: "The Big East is all about opportunity. We're a national league right now. We've got a lot of teams there. It's been very difficult to answer what's going to be in the future, because it's dominos. One league takes another and it goes back and forth. As of now, we're really happy with the Big East. We've got one of the best basketball programs ever. We've got Madison Square Garden for the next 8 to 10 years. It's pretty exciting. We're bringing on some good teams: Boise and Navy will be coming in. It's going to be good."

Plenty of disclaimers there that they don't, in fact, know what the future of the Big East is.

I'm not going to argue with you on a message board......I said they THINK keyword is THINK that the BE is a viable conference. I never quouted anyone. I personally put "on-par" in quotes and if you mistook that as me quoting them, I apologize.

Also, if you are so privy to insider info, let's have it. People on this board are just as bad, if not worse, than the media. With the "sources and insider info"

However, the statement below is from USF AD Doug Woolard:

"The Big East has 13 strong members moving forward together. We will have an excellent league in football, basketball and all other sports, and our programs will compete at the very highest level of intercollegiate athletics."

The national preception from ESPN, to yahoo sports, to CBS sports and so on is that the BE is a step below the other BIG 5 conferences

Edited by dznick51

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

bunch of f*&king spazzes on this board, jesus.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Easy now, easy....

Blood pressure is a serious issue, folks. Let's not **** with it, mmmkay?!?

heart rate 59

bp 110/70

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

keep religion out of it

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

keep religion out of it

My apologies there Steven.