• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wisconsin Has Interviwed Willie Taggart for HC position- WHahhh!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Like I needed this additional stress this morning while drinking my coffee. He isn't going anywhere.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

The articles and quotes were all from the last 24 hours after an AP release. Alvarez may or may not think Taggart is still in play, but he is clearly using it in his recruiting schtick. That's why the ambiguity in my post, but this isw NOT dated news.

Please specify how Alvarez is clearly using Taggart in his recruiting Shtick. There was no quote in either article that mentions Taggart and nothing that says his interview was more recent than 2 weeks ago .... Plus, any "news" that utilizes the word 'reportedly' is not news, it's rumor.

Well dear friend, If I, as an AD, have interviewed 2 candidates and both of them have moved on and I only have 1 additional candidate (from reporting), I have some serious negotiating problems when offering the 3rd candidate.( hence recruiting schtick). And if we no longer allow the use of the word 'reportedly', what shall we talk about here when our insomnia ruled minds seek solace?

You're seeking solace in WT interviewing for the Wisconsin job?? .... and Alvarez has not come out and said how many candidates he has interviewed so your whole hypothesis is built on a deck of cards. You have got to be more discriminating, ie less gullible, when digesting information out there on the Internets.

The Google search, Einstein is "Taggart Alavarez" It yields 93 articles within the last 24. Maybe we need search engine classes sponsored by TBP. I got no hypothesis. God, who peed in your cornflakes? Get some sleep.

I wouldn't really call it 93 articles. It's 93 identical or reworked versions of the same poorly worded AP article. It would appear to me that the article isn't factually incorrect, but the time frame of events is muddied by sloppy writing.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475

If he interviewed after being hired by USF... I would question his loyalty to the program, we don't need a coach that is using us as a stepping stone.

What the hell does this even mean? What person in their right mind doesn't want to improve, to gain more responsibility, and at better and better jobs? If you want a coach that sees USF as the last job of his career, you might as well just stop watching, because the only coach for whom that was true was fired and isn't coming back.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If he interviewed after being hired by USF... I would question his loyalty to the program, we don't need a coach that is using us as a stepping stone.

What the hell does this even mean? What person in their right mind doesn't want to improve, to gain more responsibility, and at better and better jobs? If you want a coach that sees USF as the last job of his career, you might as well just stop watching, because the only coach for whom that was true was fired and isn't coming back.

Nobody leaves right after being hired, that's an @$$hole move. I think this is all BS and Coach T is here for the forseeable future. He's back home with his family and that means a lot to him. Everyone needs to relax.

"Alvarez did shed some light Sunday on where the search stands, saying he had interviewed two candidates with one more interview scheduled this week. Reports indicate he interviewed then-Western Kentucky coach Willie Taggart and Jacksonville Jaguars assistant head coach Mel Tucker. Taggart has since accepted the head coaching position at South Florida."

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/12/17/12/Badgers-need-to-hire-coach-for-the-long-/landing_badgers.html?blockID=836611&feedID=5196

Alvarez reportedly talked with then-Western Kentucky head coach Willie Taggart, who eventually was named head coach at South Florida.

According to a source close to the program, Alvarez interviewed Mel Tucker last week. Tucker, who played defensive back at UW from 1990 through ’94, is the defensive coordinator for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/badgers.html

Alvarez said he has one more coaching candidate to meet with before deciding "on the best person." He reportedly has met with two candidates -- Jacksonville Jaguars defensive coordinator Mel Tucker and recently named South Florida coach Willie Taggart. Tucker said early last week that he's not interested in the position, although his name keeps coming up. It seems unlikely Taggart would make another move after accepting the USF job on Dec. 7.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/68028/alvarez-no-need-to-panic-about-uw-search

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475

Nobody leaves right after being hired, that's an @$$hole move. I think this is all BS and Coach T is here for the forseeable future. He's back home with his family and that means a lot to him. Everyone needs to relax.

Yes it's absolutely ********. Taggart didn't interview for this job after being hired, despite what that one dude wants to cling to with his supposed "93 articles" that are actually the same poorly written article regurgitated 93 times. Taggart's not going anywhere, right now. But if he's successful here, he will almost certainly eventually move on somewhere else, and there's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make someone a traitor to consider moving on to another job - schools fire coaches when they don't meet expectations, it is perfectly reasonable for coaches to leave when they exceed them. The person I quoted who whined about this "stepping stone" nonsense presumably wants USF to be able to fire the coach, but doesn't want the coach to consider leaving on his own, and that is dumb as hell.

If it is wrong for a coach to leave for better opportunities, then it was wrong for USF to fire Skip Holtz because they think there are better coaching candidates out there. No coach signs a lifetime contract. It's that simple.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think if Taggart was really in play for the Badgers and he wanted that job, he wouldn't have accepted the USF job.

Nothing to see here.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This is going to be a long off-season.... Thank you God for my 1 year old daughter (distraction)

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

From the ESPN article in the original post:

Alvarez acknowledged that several potential candidates on his short list already had been hired by other programs,

And this is the same guy who wouldn't hire Chryst b/c he has only coached at Pitt for 1 season.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I think if Taggart was really in play for the Badgers and he wanted that job, he wouldn't have accepted the USF job.

Nothing to see here.

I agree. Seems like CWT is a better man than that.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Just think of the logistics of it... he's been out recruiting for us 24/7 since he was hired. I'm not sure he's had time to take a shower, much less interview with Wisconsin! :GoBulls: