• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A different feeling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I was unsure about this hire, and in some ways I still am.

That being said, based upon the press, the recruits, and vibe it just feels different all of a sudden. I almost have that feeling like we are going to always have a shot to win like when Leavitt was here.

I want to see some wins, but I'm liking the feel of the new regime. This all started for me when I found out Dungy vetted him, and I hope he brings back the "anytime anywhere" attitude we use to have. We use to not give two spits who we played and we played any big boy that wanted a piece.

Sure, we lost some, but we made them regret the experience. I want that Auburn feeling again, that 2007 WVU feeling, that Louisville route feeling...

Here's to those days and what lies ahead...

Good Luck Coach T!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

I do have a feeling that CWT is bringing in talent much like CJL did.. which was much better than skips recruiting. So I think if anything we go back to the days of Leavitt.

However, under Leavitt we were pretty average in the Big East and would always start out hot then crumble to a 4-3 or 3-4 conference record. I just hope coach T can not only bring in talent but coach them up to a conference title.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

Coach T strikes me as far more aggressive and organized. I also think he surrounds himself with better assistants and is better at the coaching angle of the gig. I'm not sure Leavitt was as great on the coaching side, but he definitely was when it came to recruiting. That relentless willingness to hammer the other team on both ends while holding your own guys accountable by always giving another guy a chance to take out a starter and win the job, I think that's very different. I believe that CWT learned a lot from the Harbaughs and we've seen how successful they have been.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I do have a feeling that CWT is bringing in talent much like CJL did.. which was much better than skips recruiting. So I think if anything we go back to the days of Leavitt.

However, under Leavitt we were pretty average in the Big East and would always start out hot then crumble to a 4-3 or 3-4 conference record. I just hope coach T can not only bring in talent but coach them up to a conference title.

cl didnt bring in nearly enough talent

coach t brings in an entire different work ethic and little ego.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I feel there is no recruit in the country he can't legitimately recruit from seeing his presser. He exudes enthusiasm and confidence. I would imagine that any player asking him about the conference mess would be told that they are going to prove USF belongs with the big boys on the gridiron.

This. Take a look around, everyone is reporting that this was the best hire in the country. There's a reason for that.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I feel there is no recruit in the country he can't legitimately recruit from seeing his presser. He exudes enthusiasm and confidence. I would imagine that any player asking him about the conference mess would be told that they are going to prove USF belongs with the big boys on the gridiron.

This. Take a look around, everyone is reporting that this was the best hire in the country. There's a reason for that.

We had similar press when we hired Skip. Lets hope they are right.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

We had similar press when we hired Skip. Lets hope they are right.

I think there was a difference in that the CSH hire was seen as a good logical hire, whereas the CWT hire is seen as an inspired hire.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

cl didnt bring in nearly enough talent

coach t brings in an entire different work ethic and little ego.

All coaches have to have nice sized egos to do what they do and CWT is no different ..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

?????

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

?????

Uh oh. Grammar Nazi catches random post using hyperbolic categorical statements disguised as fact to incite passionate responses. Random poster must die!