• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise State shakiness rumors persist

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Losing Boise AND the B'ball schools is a double whammy.

Even so, I'm at the point where the fuccks I give amount to nearly zero.

Let's just get us some good road trips (Memphis and NOLA qualify easily!), play some ball, and have some fun!

+1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Let's just get us some good road trips (Memphis and NOLA qualify easily!), play some ball, and have some fun!

+1

**** right! +2

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

+1

**** right! +2

count me in, too!

+3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

+1

**** right! +2

Yup, my point exactly!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Well, why would they? And why would we even want them to join our conference? The reason we wanted them to begin with was to help keep our AQ, which we (and everyone else) lost. The reason they wanted to join was also for the AQ, which they now can get without the Big East. They don't bring basketball or a market, thus they won't help us in terms of TV revenue. Why bring in Boise and SDSU when by all appearances is does nothing but inconvenience the hell out of everyone travel-wise with no associated benefit?

I'm starting to lean toward a model that separates us from western, basketball-only, and football-only schools. I'd rather have my little POS conference where everyone has full membership and we can create some rivalries and have some fun again. To be clear, I want to get into the ACC or similar "Power 5" conference, but in the meantime, let's just have some freaking fun again. JMHO.

Agree. We'll make NOLA, Memphis, Houston, etc. a heck of a lot more times tha SDSU and Boise, Id.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

ofmiceandmen.jpg

The end of the Big East

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

I'm at the point I say let's blow up the Big East, Conference USA and Sunbelt and be the leader to drive the bus towards a new conference that makes sense GEOGRAPHICALLY, like a Southeastern Conference "Light".

It would have more of a draw for local players than a conference like we have now and we throw in Army/Navy for a little spice.

It could look something like this:

Division A

USF

UCF

FIU

FAU

ECU

Army

Division B

Memphis

UAB

USA (South Alabama) (watching them locally here, they remind me of USF back in a day. They're growing support quickly in this football crazy area)

Troy

Western Kentucky

Navy

I'm open to suggestions as to the exact teams obviously to fill it out, but you see the theory behind it. There's a lot of rivlaries inherent in alot of those pairings already both with the FL teams and AL teams. If you needed more schools you could expand a little to Louisiana and get Tulane, ULL or ULM, Houston, SMU etc.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

+1

**** right! +2

Yup, my point exactly!

I've never been a fan of having Boise or San Diego State in the "Big East".

If the basketball schools do split, perhaps we can finally figure out a realistic way to establish a regionally manageable conference consisting of the 'best of the rest' east of Texas.

We need to realize and embrace our lot in life and come to terms with what we have to work with.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'm at the point I say let's blow up the Big East, Conference USA and Sunbelt and be the leader to drive the bus towards a new conference that makes sense GEOGRAPHICALLY, like a Southeastern Conference "Light".

It would have more of a draw for local players than a conference like we have now and we throw in Army/Navy for a little spice.

It could look something like this:

Division A

USF

UCF

FIU

FAU

ECU

Army

Division B

Memphis

UAB

USA (South Alabama) (watching them locally here, they remind me of USF back in a day. They're growing support quickly in this football crazy area)

Troy

Western Kentucky

Navy

I'm open to suggestions as to the exact teams obviously to fill it out, but you see the theory behind it. There's a lot of rivlaries inherent in alot of those pairings already both with the FL teams and AL teams. If you needed more schools you could expand a little to Louisiana and get Tulane, ULL or ULM, Houston, SMU etc.

4 Florida teams? You're going to put us in the same conference/division as FIU and FAU? I'd rather f&%king hang myself.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

ofmiceandmen.jpg

The end of the Big East

So you're sayin' we squeeze innocent puppies and kill wanton women?