• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post your current top five

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Dykes

Gruden

Quinn

Taggart

McGeee

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Davis (doubtful)

Magee

Taggert

Quinn

Petrino

+1

My list except Jay Gruden instead of Petrino

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

no particular order

Willie T

Coley

Quinn

Davis

Morris

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Petrino

Dykes

Taggert

Malzahn

Warm Body

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

1. Taggert
  2. Davis
  3. Malzahn
  4. Quinn
  5. zook

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

1) Calvin Magee

2) Willie Taggert

3) Stop there - we'll get one of those if we want to!

I am a former player that still lives in the community and I have never posted on the site but have always checked it out. I wanted to let everyone know that the former players are behind Coach Magee. Coach Magee was a great mentor for us as players and taught us to win in every aspect of our lives. If you bring back Magee you bring back someone that knows and understands the tradition/past of our program. You bring back a guy that knows the community because of his time with time with the Bucs and USF. He will be loved in the community and he will love the community back. He will get the people back in the stands at RayJay. He will have great relationships with the HS coaches in the state and will put a net over the state of florida in recruiting. He can talk to a HS recruit and turn around and talk to a CEO with the same passion and energy. Coach has been on some great staffs and been in some important games. He has been offered jobs and has turned them down always citing that USF is his dream job. This is his dream job not a stepping stone like it will be for other candidates. This is what we need right now for the program. I know many of you will say this is not a name that will make a splash but he is because at the end of the day he is a winner and WINNING is what makes a splash. I have talked to many of the guys over the last 24 hours and we all agree Calvin Magee is the gel that holds this program together. Yea I'm passionate about Coach Magee but I'm even more passionate about the success of the USF football program and thats why we feel he is the best choice. PLEASE HELP US MAKE USF FOOTBALL A NAME TO BE RECKONED WITH AGAIN IN THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL LANDSCAPE.

That's a pretty convincing argument. I can't help but feel like that's an endorsement I would listen to. Throwing those names out there like you did on the thread - with the collective experience there, it's hard to argue against. Magee wouldn't be the "splash" name that might bring the immediate "homerun hire" label - but he could very well be one of the only true "homerun hires" we have out there. Loyalty, connection with our former players, intimate knowledge of the program and the state, and enough time outside the system at some winning programs to have seen some things he could bring back to implement here... you might just have sold me on him law87. Can we count on you guys to make your voices heard to Doug? There are those of us on here who could be of significant help, though I wouldn't imagine you'd need it.

We would do whatever we need to reach out to doug. But just like on the field we need the fans help to win. I believe that he is truely the only one that can really gel everything back together. I do believe that Taggert would be the next guy that could mend this. With your comments I know you understand where we are coming from. I know that he would bring back Frey and he would bring other great coaches he met along the way. He could jump on the road and sure up our recruiting class with ease, what a great recruiter for this state HS coaches will love him!!!!

Well, alright then. I'll throw a bug in a few ears. Consider me a part of your campaign team; I've read up some more on him in the interim. Prior to this, I posted in another board:

I wouldn't be upset if WT were hired, but I'd really rather this time around we shoot for giving a great DC or OC his first shot at a HC job. It may be the only way to breed a little loyalty in a world that is seemingly empty of it. I'd like to put on my green and gold glasses and think that maybe, just maybe, somebody might still want to stick with us for a while and make themselves a long-term fixture here. Perhaps its a pipe dream. Makes me miss that aspect of CJL.

Magee would satisfy all of my hopes - he was right in front of my nose and I wasn't considering him seriously enough because that "name brand" idea was blinding me there for a bit. Add in your personal experience with him, and that's it, I'm sold. Fellas, let's get Calvin Magee to USF!!!