• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets talk Prado

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

Regarding recruiting ... I hear he doesn't recruit the area good enough. Only Jesuit ...

Don't really pay attention to baseball recruiting that much but had interesting conversation with father of a girl on daughter's vb team. They have a pretty highly touted son that was getting a schollie somewhere. They're a die hard Gator family so I assumed if he got an offer there he'd go but did ask about USF. He said they wanted him to pay for a camp on campus and they'd look at him there. Seemed kind of odd for a local kid, 10 minutes away, that was already attracting offers from good programs. He did sign with UF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I think the assessments are fair. ET, have you been to a baseball game since we got our new stadium? It is great!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

The problem with his recruiting is the talented guys that are interested usually end up getting selected high in the MLB draft. High enough to not want to come to USF. The secondary recruits are good but not great. The biggest problem I've seen is the lack of any dominant hitters. We don't have a deep lineup with power. Normally its one guy and alot of slap hitters. It always seems like we have the smallest lineup in the Big East. Normally I wouldn't mind this if these guys could get on base more often, but they don't. So its way too much small ball for me. The pitching has been the strong part of the teams in recent years. Injuries happen and we've had our share, but the lack of power is the one obvious thing over the last 5 years that is missing.

He does have a pipeline from Jesuit though. I think there are 2 more coming in this year....

And the worse part of that is those guys don't have a lot of speed. You could understand a little bit if you are building around speed, defense and pitching. But the defense doesn't ever seem to be stellar and there aren't any burners out there either. Last year's SS was a true freshmen I believe and his defense seems pretty good however. He didn't hit a lick though.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

There is blood in the water, and the sharks are ready to launch another coach.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

I will be surprised if he is the coach at this time next year. I personally don't expect anything major out of this ball club. Hope they prove me wrong!

As far as recruiting...this tells you all you need to know: USF signed 2 top 500 guys in our class this year, UCF signed 11 top 500 guys.

Facilities are no longer an excuse. These are the classes that Prado is pulling after a few seasons in the new digs.

Edited by SattyBull

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Prado gets this year to prove it or else. There is no excuse to be one of the worst baseball teams in talent-rich Florida, competing against Big East teams that by and far aren't the SEC or C-USA (read: southern talent) level baseball prowess.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165

The problem is that college baseball doesn't get as much attention as football, hence the lukewarm vs hot seat

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

The problem is that college baseball doesn't get as much attention as football, hence the lukewarm vs hot seat

Exactly. If baseball made money for USF, Prado would have already been gone.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Indeed. USF baseball could make money though it's slightly tougher with Rays and other minor league teams in proximity. But if USF baseball were good, it could make some money off those splendid new facilities. I always enjoy going there and plan on it this spring to tide me over until the Rays games start back up.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Not many college baseball teams make money. Only a select few.