• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard Sent USF Athletics Into A Death Spiral...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

I don't believe the Leavitt allegations are manufactured, just blown way out of proportion...I had a high school coach that used to slap us, punch us (not hard), and headbut us on the helmet. Saban slaps players on national t.v. and nobody cares. It was an excuse I feel to appease the people who did not believe Leavitt could turn tthe corner and go from an 8-9 win team every year to a 10-11 win team that won the conference...people were tired of the lower level bowls and Doug found a "reasonable" cause to fire Leavitt.

I'd love to argue against that, but....hmmmm...well, I'm having a hard time finding fault with it. I think the overarching concern with this coaching staff is that a student athlete may be beaned by a marshmallow or suffer the shame and indignation of having a finger wagged in their facemask.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Wasn't it established a while back that Plantation Pete is just Mizzou again? You know the buddy of Jim Leavitt that said Leavitt would sue USF into oblivion. All of his posts have the exact same tone and hostility of Mizzou.

one could suspect as much

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I don't believe the Leavitt allegations are manufactured, just blown way out of proportion...I had a high school coach that used to slap us, punch us (not hard), and headbut us on the helmet. Saban slaps players on national t.v. and nobody cares. It was an excuse I feel to appease the people who did not believe Leavitt could turn tthe corner and go from an 8-9 win team every year to a 10-11 win team that won the conference...people were tired of the lower level bowls and Doug found a "reasonable" cause to fire Leavitt.

I'd love to argue against that, but....hmmmm...well, I'm having a hard time finding fault with it. I think the overarching concern with this coaching staff is that a student athlete may be beaned by a marshmallow or suffer the shame and indignation of having a finger wagged in their facemask.

It is frankly easy to argue against and absolutely ludicrous claim to make... but we had entire threads on this. To think anyone who runs a major athletic program (out side of perhaps the clowns at Penn State) would risk impuning their credibility just to get rid of a coach a little early or avoid a bit of a buyout? Absolutely no chance.

Does this kind of stuff happen in college athletics? For sure. But once it is out in the open the school has little choice but to react. Add to that obvious and blatant attempts to deceive the investigation and for all his faults and as pathetic of an athletic director as he is, Doug had no choice. Ever AD in the country would have done the exact same thing.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  55
  • Days Won:  0

Its blown up in Wollard's face, and now look at what he s stuck with. he should start worrying about his job as the attendance keeps falling off. Wait till they try to sell tickets next year! Doug will be standing on the corner of Dale Mabry and MLK with tickets in his hands asking $10 a piece!

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Just wondering how threads like this effect recruiting. Its like saying, "read this if you are considering USF". In other words, not helping the situation and actually contributing to the spiral.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Just wondering how threads like this effect recruiting. Its like saying, "read this if you are considering USF". In other words, not helping the situation and actually contributing to the spiral.

I'm glad this pisses you off. What's sad is you should be more pissed off at the S%HT display every time we play, instead you get mad at what people say on a message board. Get a clue.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

Again...Crappy bowls were because of the crappy bowl affiliations of the Big Least. Regardless, the crappiest of crappy bowls sure looks good right now.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

CJL was fired for interfering in the investigation... Had he not done that I suspect he'd still be here.

That is completely false and has been debunked repeatedly.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I'm glad this pisses you off. What's sad is you should be more pissed off at the S%HT display every time we play, instead you get mad at what people say on a message board. Get a clue.

Piss me off? TBP becoming a part of the problem?

The most highly touted freshman coming to USF now sounds disinterested. He reads the board. Who would want to come into this mess, especially after reading this board?

c46ab9514d9e2598ad2f445af14475f9_normal.jpegAsiantii Woulard â€@Asiantii_2

Okay..

10:18 PM - 23 Nov 12 · Details

2m image_normal.jpgWayne Phillips â€@hoss2274

@Asiantii_2 u ready to be our QB? We are! #USF

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I really don't care. We are fans, we live and die by the love our team. If he can't realize that we hate losing then he needs to go to a different school.