• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The year that Football died

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I want to be a fan of a big time FBS program, but it looks like that is not going to be an option with USF in the future with the program in its current state and us getting relegated to the kids table. My friends and work buddies used to talk trash with me, but now they don't even include me in the conversations about college football...as if by being a USF fan, I can't be knowledgeable or care about college football. I am seriously contemplating just rooting for USF in all other sports and going for a better team in football like many of our current students do. I would lament having to do that, but something has to happen for us to stay relevant. This program hasn't received any good news in over 2 years!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I am seriously contemplating just rooting for USF in all other sports and going for a better team in football like many of our current students do.

This is seriously one of the crappiest statements I've ever seen someone in TBP make.

If you can't handle the tough times, please find a new bandwagon to ride, and give your seat up to someone that is a true fan.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

He will jump right back on the bandwagon when things get better

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

I am seriously contemplating just rooting for USF in all other sports and going for a better team in football like many of our current students do.

This is seriously one of the crappiest statements I've ever seen someone in TBP make.

If you can't handle the tough times, please find a new bandwagon to ride, and give your seat up to someone that is a true fan.

+1

While I may hate where we are at right now the thought of rooting for another team sickens me. I bleed green and gold through the thick and the thin

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

I think the wheels have fallen off the wagon.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

You can root for two teams. One team from the power 5 and one from the little 5.

He's right... USF isn't big time college football as long we're in the Big East. Root for 1 team from the power 5 and 1 team from the other 5. I don't see a problem.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You can root for two teams. One team from the power 5 and one from the little 5.

He's right... USF isn't big time college football as long we're in the Big East. Root for 1 team from the power 5 and 1 team from the other 5. I don't see a problem.

This is not what he is saying. He wants to stop rooting for USF football because they're not "big time football." If he can just stop, he was never a fan to begin with.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217

If you have some tie to some other big time program, then fine but if you're just gonna pick another good team to root for bc we suck this year, that's wack.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

They won't get better.

Skip has destroyed USF football. DESTROYED. All the rest of the teams will find lifeboats out of the BE.

USf is permanently relegated to small time football if stuck in BE. USF/Holtz picked the wrong time to go in the toilet. USF will be luck to save the Big Least with a collection of Tulane's, UAB's, and Army's.

Any competent coach would have USF in the big 12 or ACC. Skip permanently damanged and banished USF to the kids table.

Let me repeat. They won't get better.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

They won't get better.

Skip has destroyed USF football. DESTROYED. All the rest of the teams will find lifeboats out of the BE.

USf is permanently relegated to small time football if stuck in BE. USF/Holtz picked the wrong time to go in the toilet. USF will be luck to save the Big Least with a collection of Tulane's, UAB's, and Army's.

Any competent coach would have USF in the big 12 or ACC. Skip permanently damanged and banished USF to the kids table.

Let me repeat. They won't get better.

Then give up on USF football since there is no hope. Many of today's powerhouse teams sucked for decades before they saw succes