• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tough Decisions, Right Decisions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

How can he be fired we don't have the cash for the buyout AND for a new coach.

That's not true...buyout 500k a year. All you have to do is hire a coach for less than 1.5 million and you're even

I heard the buyout is $2 mil. Can we get a decent coach for 1.5? I realize anything may be better but what would be looking at?

The buyout would be 500k per year remaining on his contract. We wouldn't have to pay the full price at once. You can get a quality coach for 1.5 million or less. We need to find a quality assistant from a big name school with ties to recruiting in Florida.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That's not true...buyout 500k a year. All you have to do is hire a coach for less than 1.5 million and you're even

I heard the buyout is $2 mil. Can we get a decent coach for 1.5? I realize anything may be better but what would be looking at?

The buyout would be 500k per year remaining on his contract. We wouldn't have to pay the full price at once. You can get a quality coach for 1.5 million or less. We need to find a quality assistant from a big name school with ties to recruiting in Florida.

Ok, that is not too bad. Then the trigger needs to pulled ASAP. I would also suspect more cash would be needed to pay assistants. We need to completely clean house.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Guys, I was serious. Holtz mailed that in. I'm not sure he doesn't want to get fired. he was going through the motions.

If I was admin, I'd sit him down tomorrow and threaten to keep him but demand that he violation-can his entire staff. I'd also let him know that I am going to demand as much oversight as possible over who he hires and what they're paid. Put another way, I'd clip his effing wings.

It'd be awkward, but I'd let him know that he is either negotiating a new buyout or getting his career prospects (and his relationships with the entire staff ruined) ruined.

Forget that we suck. The dude mailed it in with his lack of focus at half time and his field goal display after the shutout was prevented. . . . . . . . . screw that. Guy is stealing money at this point.

^^^ without a doubt. I'd rather spend less money on a head coach and get better assistants and coordinators.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

^^^ without a doubt. I'd rather spend less money on a head coach and get better assistants and coordinators.

Agreed!

Guys, I was serious. Holtz mailed that in. I'm not sure he doesn't want to get fired. he was going through the motions.

If I was admin, I'd sit him down tomorrow and threaten to keep him but demand that he violation-can his entire staff. I'd also let him know that I am going to demand as much oversight as possible over who he hires and what they're paid. Put another way, I'd clip his effing wings.

It'd be awkward, but I'd let him know that he is either negotiating a new buyout or getting his career prospects (and his relationships with the entire staff ruined) ruined.

Forget that we suck. The dude mailed it in with his lack of focus at half time and his field goal display after the shutout was prevented. . . . . . . . . screw that. Guy is stealing money at this point.

Of course he mailed it in...who else would laugh and smile while getting your butt whooped? The only problem with what you stated above is that Woolard is the dumbass that extended his contract. Do you really have faith Woolard can evaluate talent in a coach?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Do you really have faith Woolard can evaluate talent in a coach?

Not in the least bit.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Ok, that is not too bad. Then the trigger needs to pulled ASAP. I would also suspect more cash would be needed to pay assistants. We need to completely clean house.

Cosh is only assistant under contract for next year

Do you really have faith Woolard can evaluate talent in a coach?

Not in the least bit.

I think Woolard needs to go with holtz and co. He improved our facilities dramatically, but royally screwed us with the holtz contract extension

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz needs to go, but Woolard? USF Athletics are more than football and don't be so sure that he was 100% the source of that stupid move. Don't be surprised if that move wasn't "suggested" from higher up simply for his work with the APR. Something like this can be a focus changer as he knows he can't miss on the next one. The work on the facilities was massive folks, let's not discount that and we have other sports doing well and looking up.

As for the answer? Who knows but I know it's not Skip...Anyone who can laugh while you're being gutted isn't someone I want leading me into battle...

• Upvote 1