• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jimmy Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

No he would be a terrible coach now... like said his fire has burned out and he would be coaching only for money which is what we have now with holtz.

We need a energetic, young coach that has some florida ties and is hungry for winning and looking forward to the challenge of building the program up.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

reagardless of who USF goes after they need to do it NOW, There are those who say wait for whatever reason but if we wait we wont be the only shopper out their looking for a coach. We need to strike first and get one signed before others start looking into the candidates.

Exactly! If we are going to fire holtz, might as well do it now and be able to pick the coach we want.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I would love to have Butch Davis. I don't see anyone like Jimmy coming back after being out for so long.

butch davis destroyed UNC and didn't have much success anyway. why??

Sounds good, I just want holtz out of here!

I just looked it up and Davis' original contract at UNC and it was only $1.86 million on a 7 yr deal. We could afford that or a little less and say 4 years with optional extension based on performance to bump salary.

he was awful at UNC. why do you want him?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Wonder what it would take to bring in Jimmy Johnson or someone who knows how to win?

He did a great job at the U, He knows how to relate to the players. Maybe we could actually start winning the recuriting battle in the Bay area.

The game has passed Jimmy Johnson by. He's 69 yrs old and last coached CFB in 1988. Kids will not relate to someone that has been out of FB that long. What they know of him is that he's the other kooky guy along with Bradshaw on FOX NFL Sunday shows.

Bill Snyder is 73. Has the game passed him by as well?

Bill Snyder hasn't been out of CFB since 1988 either. The fire in Johnson's belly has burned out long ago. Snyder just needed to recharge his battery which is why he left KSU for a few years before returning.

When Snyder "retired" at K-State at the end of the 2005 season after going 4-7 in 2004 and 5-6 in 2005. His first choice to succeed himself as HC was Jim Leavitt, but Hurricane Wilma might be credited for Leavitt turning him down and remaining at USF. The WVU game was postponed from October 22nd to the end of the year extending the Bulls' regular season to December 3rd. Snyder kept pressing Leavitt for an answer, but Leavitt kept putting him off and until after the WVU game. Finally, Snyder gave Leavitt an ultimatum along with an $8 million contract offer to make a decision before the WVU game. Leavitt told him no and the rest is history.

In retrospect Leavitt should have bolted from USF but he was dumb enough to be loyal and stay.

Edited by Plantation Pete

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I would love to have Butch Davis. I don't see anyone like Jimmy coming back after being out for so long.

Davis had three straight 8 win seasons, 3 straight bowl games going 1-2 (L vs WVU, Pitt. W vs UT) in his 4 years there while trying to rebuild a program that has been horrible for over a decade. UNC had ONE 8 win season from 1997 -2007. That's not success? Ok then....

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

butch davis.

I know from a very good source that on Dec 1st he will begin interviewing for H.C. jobs... lets hope he talks to USF...

Davis had three straight 8 win seasons in his 4 years there while trying to rebuild a program that has been horrible for over a decade. UNC had ONE 8 win season from 1997 -2007. That's not success? Ok then....

I'd love to see 8 wins here again!

butch davis.

I know from a very good source that on Dec 1st he will begin interviewing for H.C. jobs... lets hope he talks to USF...

He wouldn't even have to move since he's already here with the bucs.

Davis had three straight 8 win seasons, 3 straight bowl games going 1-2 (L vs WVU, Pitt. W vs UT) in his 4 years there while trying to rebuild a program that has been horrible for over a decade. UNC had ONE 8 win season from 1997 -2007. That's not success? Ok then....

no actually he didn't have a win in 2008 or 2009. perhaps you forgot that the took those wins away for allowing players to be involved with agents and academic misconduct.

8 wins and being tied for 3rd twice and 4th twice in THEIR COASTAL DIVISION 9 ,not even the ACC, is not success. especially since he was fired and left that program on the brink of huge sanctions. no thanks.