• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Idaho fires head fb coach.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8535155/idaho-vandals-fire-football-coach-robb-akey-1-7-record

"The president (Duane Nellis) and I believe it is important to make this move now so we can immediately begin the process of hiring a new coach for the 2013 season," athletic director Rob Spear said. "We appreciate Coach Akey's enthusiasm and dedication to the University of Idaho, but this is the right move at this time."

IDAHO gets it , USF clearly does not.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's bad form to fire the guy mid-season.

If Doug Woolard isn't on some level engaging potential candidates interest in replacing Skip Holtz, then he is failing USF right now. Firing the coach in mid season without knowing who you're after is an awful move.

Unless we can get a steal of a hire a la Petrino, I think Skip should be back next year. Unfortunately breaking in a true freshman QB a 6-6 record and bowl game should be the goal for next year.

But who knows what will happen

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

i think its reasonable to wait until the end of the season to fire the HC, but Cosh can go now. GT did it with their DC.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

i think its reasonable to wait until the end of the season to fire the HC, but Cosh can go now. GT did it with their DC.

I couldn't agree more, COSH HAS TO GO!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Who would coach the team if we fire skip now? Do we really want to hand the team over to our OC?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

This.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

No one better suggest Akey as our next Head Coach.....

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Cpl ways to look at it, If we wait, We might lose out on whoever we really want beacuse they may be locked in to a contract or get hired by another school. If we make the changes now it shows that USF is serious about building the program into a program that wants to compete/win. We might lose some recruits, but we might allow for the new coaching staff time to keep those we already offered and give them a head start on next year. Its a tricky situation to say the least.

Cosh needs to go NOW, Like yesterday. Promote someone in the program to D Cord to finsih the season so that the New coach can bring in his own guys. Im ok with keeping Skip until the end of the year as long as we dont miss out on who we want, not who we get stuck with.

Next year is a rebuilding year anyway so if recruits de-commit is it really that big of a loss? Maybe we get a Well known coach and we get better recruits as well?

Edited by Dhambuc