• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

"The two turnovers are painful, because they came backed up and placed our defense on a short field," said Holtz, whose quarterback, B.J. Daniels, had limited mobility due to a sore ankle. "We keep making mistakes. One of the real glaring things today was the inconsistency catching the ball at wide receiver. I think we had seven dropped passes. Defensively, we were unable to stop Temple's running game."

"We had an inside play called initially," Holtz said. "We had some success running up the middle, we just didn't execute it. It wasn't the play call at all. It was the execution. We played a great game and we're all hurting a little bit. But I've yet to see anyone throw their arms up and put their heads in the sand. I think there's a lot left to play

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/oct/06/college-football-temple-pushes-usf-losing-skid-4/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

He said they played a great game!?!?!? WTF game was he watching? More excuses and he never takes any blame

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217

"We had an inside play called initially," Holtz said. "We had some success running up the middle, we just didn't execute it. It wasn't the play call at all. It was the execution. We played a great game and we're all hurting a little bit. But I've yet to see anyone throw their arms up and put their heads in the sand. I think there's a lot left to play

http://www.naplesnew...-losing-skid-4/

It's never the coaching, always the players right?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370

He takes ZERO BLAME! In fact, he can't wait to shift it! It's almost as if his mentality is, "these poor kids, wish i could help but it's not my job."

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

"The two turnovers are painful, because they came backed up and placed our defense on a short field," said Holtz, whose quarterback, B.J. Daniels, had limited mobility due to a sore ankle. "We keep making mistakes. One of the real glaring things today was the inconsistency catching the ball at wide receiver. I think we had seven dropped passes. Defensively, we were unable to stop Temple's running game."

http://www.naplesnew...-losing-skid-4/

What did you expect him to say......the truth? That game was NOT lost based upon a couple of turnovers and some dropped balls. This game, like all the games this season have been lost or played poorly based upon a weak effort and a lack of emotion. There is NO fire to win, NO fire to not lose, NO fire to not disappoint. I think Sheriff was absolutely right, this team knows that their HC and other coaches will still accept them with poor efforts and therefore have absolutely no fear about losing. Pride? They show ZERO pride. F' em all!!

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

It wasn't the play call at all. It was the execution.

It's not the cook's fault; it's the food that didn't turn out right.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

It wasn't the play call at all. It was the execution.

It's not the cook's fault; it's the food that didn't turn out right.

It's not Captain Schettino's fault; it's the Costa Concordia that sunk itself.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

Somebody please dig me a quote up this year where he takes some accountability...please

"I happily accept this contract extension based on no merit"