• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoop-la is official

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'll add one other bright spot. Near the end Stan Heath got on the mic. He gave a really passionate and energetic speech about packing the Sun Dome and filling the student section completely. He said "I'm tired of hearing about Duke, and Kansas, and Syracuse. I want to hear about how hard it is to play at USF." Lofty company there, but I liked it.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

As long as this event help land Bo Zeigler then it served it's purpose for me.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

the free food for students from the little greek restaurant >>>>> the rest of the hoop-la (with the dunks and portions of the concert afterwards being a small exemption)

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

What a giant waste of time. Hey Doug, I want an apology for a terrible event!

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Shaun Noriega just cost someone a trip to the Bahamas...........EPIC Fail!

I'm the one that won the trip to the Bahamas. I thought I lost it when Noriega had 20 seconds to shoot threes.

Shaun Noriega just cost someone a trip to the Bahamas...........EPIC Fail!

I'm the one that won the trip to the Bahamas. I thought I lost it when Noriega had 20 seconds to shoot threes.

Congrats.

I told Lethal before the contest that I would have asked to trade Noriega for Fitzpatrick or Orekova.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

Shameful. No other way around it. Everything out runner said, plus the crowd just pissed me off. A lot more of the events wouldn't have been too bad if more people were there. Pathetic. Idk if marketing is truly that bad, but how the full do we not even get 3k? At least!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I will be awash with fear and trepidation as we approach that home opener ..... for numerous reasons.

I will be awash with fear and trepidation as we approach that home opener ..... for numerous reasons.

SBC and Beefstuds are working on their own marketing strategy for the opener to drum up some hype and excitement. God only knows what our own marketing team will do, probably sell half the arena to UCF fans.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hoop-la? More like Hoop-LAME!

This was worse than bush league. I've seen high school pep rallies more coordinated and more exciting than this event.

Aside from the horrible time it was scheduled for and the lack of marketing, I'm going to tear into how bad this was.

- Start time was supposed to be 8:00, but they didn't get going till 8:15 ish because the players were running late from practice. Could have solved that problem with starting it later.

- I guess they were going with a Halloween theme, but no one dressed for the costume contest (which they canceled) and the players (mostly the guys) didn't seem too thrilled with the masks they were given to wear.

- The script was just bad and they stumbled their way through the whole thing.

- Band showed up about 8:30.

- Contests were horribly run. Except for the first one, which was a game of h-o-r-s-e, the others were cheap and unexciting. The 3 point contest was beyond BAD.

- Highlight of the night was Hawkins and Brock got into a bit of a dunk contest during h-o-r-s-e.

- Lowlight goes to the trashy host (not Jim Lighthall). I think his name was Orlando from a local station. Worst line of the night came when the Sun Dolls finished a dance and he said, "I could watch that all night. Hey come back, I got a bunch of singles." I'm sure Athletics will be real proud that's how the Sun Dolls get portrayed, as cheap strippers.

I think the Student Bulls Club could organize a better Midnight Madness than this and it would be more exciting. And I'm still pissed about there not being a dunk contest!

+1