• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Funny math?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Soooo we sold 69,383 and had only 58,808 in the building leaving 10,575 NO SHOWS?? about 16%... I know some of the corners looked thin, but just seems like a very big difference in Sales vs Butts in Seats...

Judy most have been disgusted by all that Garnet in our house, then all these no shows, then a loss... she must be sooooo disappointed!!

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Judy has done great things for our university, but she needs to change the course of our football program before fingers start pointing in her direction.

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

Judy may not care.

But the fact of the matter is simple. Athletics drive Academia. It drives national recognition, I don't care what discipline you're going to study in, mechanics, bioengineering, or exercise science.

When you have athletics that are nationally recognized, it pays its dividends by strengthening the academics and the entire community. We can boast all we want about we play in an NFL stadium with chairbacks

...and we lose nearly every game in it with fairweather fans who sell their seats to garnet.

Invest some money in improving our coaches and team and build a reputation of winning. Then we don't have to worry about seats.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  879

Judy may not care.

But the fact of the matter is simple. Athletics drive Academia. It drives national recognition, I don't care what discipline you're going to study in, mechanics, bioengineering, or exercise science.

When you have athletics that are nationally recognized, it pays its dividends by strengthening the academics and the entire community. We can boast all we want about we play in an NFL stadium with chairbacks

...and we lose nearly every game in it with fairweather fans who sell their seats to garnet.

Invest some money in improving our coaches and team and build a reputation of winning. Then we don't have to worry about seats.

I think we've invested plenty of money in coaches....they're obviously not the right ones.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Those numbers are flawed, "The sold" is not accurate. 69,000 were distrubuted which is differnt than Sold. That included student tickets (free) (the corners that were empty).

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

All of this depends on the objectives for the game. If it was to win the game then USF did not meet that objective . If the objective was to drive in revenue then mission accomplished. Heck even the $15 mark up on the tickets was a sweet touch. Go free market. :)

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

FSU fans are under the impression that USF didn't sell about 5K tickets to the game? I wonder if that is true, and why we wouldn't just release and make money from these seats? If this is found to be true, then somebody in athletics needs to fired for missing all that revenue opportunity... It just doesn't make sense to have 11K empty seats to the biggest home game in USF history...

Another thing that worries me is the ability to schedule FSU again, there fan base is crying fowl,saying we held tickets and made the process extremely difficult for them for no reason... usually i wouldn't give 2 S**** but sitting on seats and not making them available to the public if we had them, makes USF look spiteful and unappreciative, and that's just wrong.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

FSU fans are under the impression that USF didn't sell about 5K tickets to the game? I wonder if that is true, and why we wouldn't just release and make money from these seats? If this is found to be true, then somebody in athletics needs to fired for missing all that revenue opportunity... It just doesn't make sense to have 11K empty seats to the biggest home game in USF history...

Another thing that worries me is the ability to schedule FSU again, there fan base is crying fowl,saying we held tickets and made the process extremely difficult for them for no reason... usually i wouldn't give 2 S**** but sitting on seats and not making them available to the public if we had them, makes USF look spiteful and unappreciative, and that's just wrong.

I'd rather us not sell them than have more FSU fans in the stands. I'm glad they made it difficult. I hope they held them back and sold tickets off of stubhub. I hope they were getting 2 bills from all those fsu fans.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

Judy may not care.

The fact of the matter is, this is wrong. Athletics can sit in the passenger seat and provide a nice co-pilot, but academic success drives academia. If college football for some reason went away tomorrow, universities would still operate and still be successful. With over $400 million in research funding last year, football doesn't drive USF's success. If it were true, universities wouldn't still be successful while having losing sports programs. I understand the argument, and being nationally recognized because your football team is on ESPN every week does help to get your name out there and the money does help, but academia is not driven by athletics. Make that argument to all the ivy league schools.

But with that said, Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Who knows where the FSU fans got that impression but I seriously doubt it's right. They sold 500 extra SRO tickets for, I'm guessing, less than they could have gotten for real seats so why would they have held back. Wherever these FSU fans are, tell them to stop their ******* whining.

Another thing that worries me is the ability to schedule FSU again, there fan base is crying fowl,saying we held tickets and made the process extremely difficult for them for no reason ... usually i wouldn't give 2 S**** but sitting on seats and not making them available to the public if we had them, makes USF look spiteful and unappreciative, and that's just wrong.

First, they were not going to schedule us again ...Second, instead of griping about how USF looks, why not get some facts before calling them spiteful and unappreciative.