• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

A lot of 'noles in 234. However, those are all $-seats, so there were either season ticket purchase via Garnet-n-Gold folks (thank you, thank you very much) or

some Bulls season ticket holders opted to make some money on their own(shocked! shocked to hear such talk!).

As for me...well, I took the moral high ground. I kept 50% of my tickets and stayed until PAST the bitter end, and sold 50% of my tickets to 'noles for a reasonable mark-up. On the plus side, the attractive 'nole girls were so fascinated with the stadium that they opted to spend all but the first quarter minglin' down in partyville, again freeing up the lounging space for us.

Now, I'm willing to bet that were we, oh...let's just say "better", you'd get more of that coveted college atmosphere of standing, loud and more green-n-gold.

Face it...you can't lose to Ball State & Rutgers and honestly expect OUR fanbase to NOT expect a poor showing against the number four team in the nation.

Winning cures everything...attendance, ticket sales, and to a lesser degree, I think maybe the concessions would even taste better.

Sorry man. Biggest home game in school history. We'll probably never get the Noles in our house again. That showing by pur fanbase was pitiful, losses or not.

I believe you highly over estimate the size of our fan base.

Our "fanbase" didn't have a problem showing up for WVU in 2007. It's not the quantity of the "fanbase," it's the quality of it that was displayed on Saturday ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

A lot of 'noles in 234. However, those are all $-seats, so there were either season ticket purchase via Garnet-n-Gold folks (thank you, thank you very much) or

some Bulls season ticket holders opted to make some money on their own(shocked! shocked to hear such talk!).

As for me...well, I took the moral high ground. I kept 50% of my tickets and stayed until PAST the bitter end, and sold 50% of my tickets to 'noles for a reasonable mark-up. On the plus side, the attractive 'nole girls were so fascinated with the stadium that they opted to spend all but the first quarter minglin' down in partyville, again freeing up the lounging space for us.

Now, I'm willing to bet that were we, oh...let's just say "better", you'd get more of that coveted college atmosphere of standing, loud and more green-n-gold.

Face it...you can't lose to Ball State & Rutgers and honestly expect OUR fanbase to NOT expect a poor showing against the number four team in the nation.

Winning cures everything...attendance, ticket sales, and to a lesser degree, I think maybe the concessions would even taste better.

Sorry man. Biggest home game in school history. We'll probably never get the Noles in our house again. That showing by pur fanbase was pitiful, losses or not.

Our "fanbase" didn't have a problem showing up for WVU in 2007. It's not the quantity of the "fanbase," it's the quality of it that was displayed on Saturday ...

Between 17 and 20K were dressed in blue and yellow.....and many others who were there weren't what I would classify as "members of the USF fanbase."

Please explain how you determine the "quality" of a fan?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

that makes no sense

If this was like a home game to them but in Tampa-- why wouldn't they jump at signing a new home and home with USF?

...because they don't make money of USF home games...

do you understand how a home and home game works?

Do tell...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Personally, given the numbers, I thought the USF fans did a pretty good job supporting the troops Saturday.

Between 17 and 20K were dressed in blue and yellow.....and many others who were there weren't what I would classify as "members of the USF fanbase."

Do you have anything backing up that 17-20K figure? ... and I doubt there were a whole lot of impartial observers in the stands that night. If you were there pulling for the Bulls, except in rare instances of a Pitt fan in attendance, you are part of the USF fanbase. The fact that the announced attendance for the final two home conference games that year was 57K is also an indicator of the quantity of our fanbase.

Please explain how you determine the "quality" of a fan?

Maybe quality isn't the exactly correct word but it synced with the quantity discussion. Not sure what you want to call it but there are levels, degrees to being a fan based on dedication, fanaticism, loyalty, etc and that's what I'm referring to. We've got a broad spectrum when it comes to fans and some of that was displayed on Saturday night. Perfect illustration is the Bulls fans that have been cheering USF on at home games for years showing up in Noles garb and cheering against them on Saturday night. To me, they're still part of our fanbase but of a different quality, level, whatever, than 100% Bulls fans. Same with the ones who sold their tickets rather than use them just to make a quick buck. Are they still part of the fanbase? Absolutely, but, again, at a different level, IMO .... and perhaps the biggest part of the pitiful portion Joe referred to are the band wagoners, that I still consider part of a fanbase, who were there in 2007 but not Saturday, even at a game of this magnitude. To me, those are all indicators of "quality" of a fanbase.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

FSU would make much more money hosting USF than a small out of state school. They're not making UF money. There will be another home and home. I just dont think it will ever be a regular series.

Maybe a few more home and home until they lose interest like Miami and play Memphis instead.

comparing what fans are doing this season versus before the WVU game in 2007 is just worthless. How can you expect a fanbase to be excited to support USF after such a lousy season last year and what appears to be another bad start this year?

It is so dumb to categorize fans based on this one game. I do not blame anyone who took the money and watched at home. Knowing full well that the game would be inundated with Nole fans and that we would probably lose if not get trounced--- who wants to endure that? Oooh--- super fan did it and got his merit badge--- great for him. At some point, the attitudes on this board just make you laugh your arse off.

You know who the real fans are? The people who show up when we aren't playing the big named teams. The ones who sat through the Southwest Texas States and Austin Peays and the Tennessee Techs--- until the game was over-- those are real fans to me. I will forgive anyone who sold their seat for this game. I understand some made enough to pay for the rest of the season tickets. Good for them. I bet they even go to those games and watch them (well its more of a hope).

So comparing what fans are doing this season versus before the WVU game in 2007 is just worthless but then you throw out a comparison of the ones who sat through the Southwest Texas States and Austin Peays and the Tennessee Techs until the game was over as being real fans .... funny stuff.

And screw anyone who tells you what a fan is supposed to be.

Hey, he asked ... and it wasn't what a fan was supposed to be but about different types of fans ... which there are .... and screw anyone who says there isn't.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Was not at the 2007 game, but at 2009 and 2011 games, and 15k -17k would be my estimate for WVU fans, last years game in my opinion appeared to be a 50/50 split.

I am down here on vacation this week and I don't think if I had tickets even for free I would have went to the FSU/USF even at 6 pm start. That means we (using our 4 hour early tailgates) would have been there at 2pm, it was to **** hot to be there. If both teams were undefeated yes everyone would have been there.

I except a lot of fans sold their tickets for this game to fund the rest of the season, this is what a lot of WVU fans is doing for either the OU or KSt game. The tickets are going for minimum $150 dollars, this pays for 1/3 of the season ticket cost for us.

Their is a lot of truth to fair weather fans, especially in Fla, did anyone see Miami's attendance from this weekend it may have been 3,500 people. USF needs to start winning and the fans will come, I don't think an On campus stadium even helps at this point.

At least it's not as bad as Pitt with tickets going on Stubhub for $2 each, so that they may get 15k people in the stadium.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

17 thousand 'Neers????? You guys are crazy. I'll give them 8-12k.

Was not at the 2007 game, but at 2009 and 2011 games, and 15k -17k would be my estimate for WVU fans, last years game in my opinion appeared to be a 50/50 split.

LOL ...