• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sign Ideas for FSU Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

One time, USF athletics was unhappy with band members because they wore bags on their heads to the Women's basketball games while in the band....But it was reaaaallllyyyyy bad back then.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

At least the bags at Louisville said "Bag Krag" so that everyone knew it was directed at the coaching/management and not at the student atheletes.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Habs_fans_bags_2001.jpg

Never thought I would consider this :(

This is more for pro football. I don't think I have ever seen it in college football.

And that should tell you something about our fan base if we have some seriously considering doing this ...

That we don't accept bad football?

And its been used before in college football....

bagkrag1.jpg

500x_krag.jpg

baghim.jpg

Let me explain the Louisville situation one more time. They were coming off a 3 year span of a 32-5 record and 2 conference championships so the comparative reasoning is ludicrous .... and it's still bush league in my opinion.

So because we were only good, not very good like louisville, we are just suppose to sit here as a fanbase and go aww shucks, we suck, but I guess I'll just sit here and be quiet and accept not going to bowl games as the new norm? I'm sorry but that line of thinking is "ludicrous". To me what Louisville did is exactly the line of thinking we need. Bad is not acceptable.....period. Otherwise you become Indiana/Duke or worse yet, UCF, crowing about all our "close" losses. No we shouldn't expect National Championships, but as has been stated many times, we should expect to compete in this conference, especially now in a much weaker Big East than when we began.

And besides, prior performance of the team only weighs so much in a matter like this. Just like any job, you look at actual performance and trends. If this was a total rebuild (its wasn't), or if we were making positive trends (we aren't, atleast none that I can see), then you might be patient with a coach. But there is no way to spin our situation other than we are regressing. Recruiting hasn't improved. Our silly, stupid mistakes on the field haven't improved. Our bad clock management hasn't improved. Our offense is still inconsistent year to year (with bad sprinkled in with some good). Our defense definitely hasn't improved.

And past all that, if this is "bush league", then how else are fans who aren't large donors suppose to make themselves heard?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

I might be wrong but with Skip only being in his third year, aren't most of our seniors from the Jimmy Era? Skip took a team from Carolina and did good things there. I laugh at how quick fans turn on coches so quick. Let's not forget that when there is a big win its the student athletes that did it and the coach had nothing or little to do with it. Coaches will always be blammed for losses and losing streaks. Give Skip some time and let him bring in kids that fit his style of play. I think everyone got so spoiled by the (non-deserving) ranking we got a few years back. No way we should have ever been ranked that high and it showed when the wheels fell off. The Tampa Bay area is one of the biggest fair-weather fan base I have ever been a part of. I agree with Trip B, let's go ahead and make the entire (true) USF fan base look like idiots on national television. Makes perfect sense and I'm sure the nation would get plenty of laughs out of it. Hell we may even get some teams like Texas and Bama to schedule us as tune-up games and that might increase season ticket sales. Sit back, relax, grab a cold bev, and enjoy being able to watch college football without having to worry about your house being hit by an RPG or all the all garbage going on accross this world. If we beat FSU this weekend, can we give some people on here a "time-out?"

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I might be wrong but with Skip only being in his third year, aren't most of our seniors from the Jimmy Era? Skip took a team from Carolina and did good things there. I laugh at how quick fans turn on coches so quick. Let's not forget that when there is a big win its the student athletes that did it and the coach had nothing or little to do with it. Coaches will always be blammed for losses and losing streaks. Give Skip some time and let him bring in kids that fit his style of play. I think everyone got so spoiled by the (non-deserving) ranking we got a few years back. No way we should have ever been ranked that high and it showed when the wheels fell off. The Tampa Bay area is one of the biggest fair-weather fan base I have ever been a part of. I agree with Trip B, let's go ahead and make the entire (true) USF fan base look like idiots on national television. Makes perfect sense and I'm sure the nation would get plenty of laughs out of it. Hell we may even get some teams like Texas and Bama to schedule us as tune-up games and that might increase season ticket sales. Sit back, relax, grab a cold bev, and enjoy being able to watch college football without having to worry about your house being hit by an RPG or all the all garbage going on accross this world. If we beat FSU this weekend, can we give some people on here a "time-out?"

I won't even get into the rest of this post, but I'm sorry, this is something that so many fans are just completely wrong on. We 100% deserved that ranking AT THAT TIME. Preseason rankings are undeserved because they are based on conjecture. Rankings in week 5, 6, 7, etc.... primarily are based on results on the field. Which they should be. At that time, no one in the country had a better resume than us. We we're 6-0, with 2 victories over top 20 teams, and blow out victories over UNC and UCF. Yes, we did not end up being the second best team in the country for the whole 2007 year, and the ranking beared that out. You can say that by the end of the year, that ranking turned out to be inacurrate, but to say it was "non-deserving" is just flat out wrong. Maybe this is splitting hairs, but just the way I feel.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

How about this sign?

Like this.

And not entitled, we went from a good team to a non bowl team and now we lost to a non-BCS team for the first time since we became BCS.

How much further do we need to fall or how long do we need to be in the basement ?!?

Go Bulls !!!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

I won't even get into the rest of this post, but I'm sorry, this is something that so many fans are just completely wrong on. We 100% deserved that ranking AT THAT TIME. Preseason rankings are undeserved because they are based on conjecture. Rankings in week 5, 6, 7, etc.... primarily are based on results on the field. Which they should be. At that time, no one in the country had a better resume than us. We we're 6-0, with 2 victories over top 20 teams, and blow out victories over UNC and UCF. Yes, we did not end up being the second best team in the country for the whole 2007 year, and the ranking beared that out. You can say that by the end of the year, that ranking turned out to be inacurrate, but to say it was "non-deserving" is just flat out wrong. Maybe this is splitting hairs, but just the way I feel.

What team have you ever seen jump from 18 to 6 in a poll just because of a previous win!?!?!? Then only fall from 2 to 20 with back to back losses?

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261

I vote 'Now we know JG is politically incompetent'.