• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Do We Hope To Get Out Of This Season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Realistically... it is obvious we are an awful football team. I don't see us making it to a bowl, I don't see us winning many more games. It would seem wise to start letting more of our underclassman play. I'd bench most/all seniors for the second half of every game, regardless of score. Let's start building some depth, getting guys some experience. Perhaps even experiment with some different personal packages.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

At this point I would like us to beat Cuse, Pitt, and Temple... Cuse and Pitt because they are leaving for the ACC, and Temple because they are the worst team and while we suck I would rather not be the worst team.

Instead of benching seniors willy nilly I would bench the ones that are not doing their job...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

One more win. Not sure there is another gimme on the board if we can't beat Ball State. Miami beat a decent GT team today in OT.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

At this point I would like us to beat Cuse, Pitt, and Temple... Cuse and Pitt because they are leaving for the ACC, and Temple because they are the worst team and while we suck I would rather not be the worst team.

Instead of benching seniors willy nilly I would bench the ones that are not doing their job...

I guess I am not sure what the difference between between a 2 win season and a 5 win season is. You aren't bowling, you don't get the extra practices. Maybe it is an effort problem, or a game planning problem, and we can actually turn it around. Be a great story. But if not, I'd rather prepare for next season. No reason to spend effort growing a senior who wont be around next season.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

I guess I am not sure what the difference between between a 2 win season and a 5 win season is. You aren't bowling, you don't get the extra practices. Maybe it is an effort problem, or a game planning problem, and we can actually turn it around. Be a great story. But if not, I'd rather prepare for next season. No reason to spend effort growing a senior who wont be around next season.

I agree, the chance of us going to a bowl game is .00001

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I agree, the chance of us going to a bowl game is .00001

I didn't say anything about a bowl game... all I'm saying is that if a senior is not performing then they should be benched and replaced with a backup...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

What I want out of this season is for Skip Holtz to realize how much he needs to re-evaluate his idea of what makes a good team. We've heard so many positive things the last two training camps, never anything negative. I think he believes his positive assessments. At some point he needs to realize that positive reinforcement needs to happen, but he needs to be demanding of his players as well. I think he's right in his assessment of the talent, but wrong in his motivation. I still like Skip, but I hope this season opens his eyes.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

An eye opening moment where someone is kicked in the pants.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

play the young kids

if our future qb is on the team

PLAY HIM

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

It's too bad we can't even earn a first round pick going into next season. But maybe reality will sink in and fan expectations going forward will be closer to zero. Any win or moral victory will then exceed our expectations. That's better psychologically than thinking you have a decent team and then watching as they fail to deliver. Think like a Cub's fan. GB!