• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

where are the darksiders now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Alright, I'll bite.

Unless USF wins two more games, and makes the NCAA tourney, they're just a incredibly mediocre team that happened to have two upset games in the conference tourney.

Sad, but true.

Who here was thinking we'd have a chance at the NCAA's this year?  Raise your hands... oh... thats right... no one.

The fact that this conversation is even being remotely talked about is amazing.

We are a mediocre team... just a less mediocre team than most expected.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Alright, I'll bite.

Unless USF wins two more games, and makes the NCAA tourney, they're just a incredibly mediocre team that happened to have two upset games in the conference tourney.

Sad, but true.

What's sad but true is that we have always had a mediocre program.

I don't recall ever being a top notch program before our current coach. In fact we haven't beaten Cincy in 16 years, we've never been past the 2nd round in CUSA tourney, and haven't beaten  a top 20 team for over a decade until this week.

What's sad  but true is that you don't see this as progress. Whats' sad but true is that you call yourself a FAN.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

No Velcro, actually we are very good team right now.  One lucky win and you can say we are just lucky but three wins in a row and two against ranked teams makes us a good team.  

On a side note I for one will be glad when this force darkside crap goes away.  It is getting old.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

The point is that USF more than likely would have been in contention for an NIT bid if Mosley would have been healthy IMO. I believe we are leaps and bounds better than last season. Look at how well we played on the road against UL and Marq?? Two places that are tough for USF to win at through the years. Look at how close we came against UAB at home. The bad losses are going to happen with just about any team not in the TOP 25. All it will take are some more talented players to really get USF in contention for a post season bid. Now next year will be tough, but I believe this three game stretch is huge for the confidence of the program heading into the BIG EAST. What these wins have done is shut certain media types up about how lowly USF basketball is. The truth is that USF is not lowly like they were the past two years. We beat a future BIG EAST ranked team in Cincy. We beat another ranked team in Charl. You dont think recruits will not take notice of USF's improvement and move to the BIG EAST?? Right now, USF is now in good position heading into the off season. The only big downer is that we are losing Bryant, Swift, and Leather. However, you cant tell me that this little run is not benefitting the players like Jones, Holmes, Dennis, Prek, and Diarra. They are getting invaluable experience and are now starting to believe in that USF can win no matter who we are playing against. If the critics cant see the confidence out there now then I dont think they will ever see it.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

This run should help bring talent in.   We have a coach that can take a team short of players and beat top twenty-five teams at the end of the season when everything is on the line.  We are going into the top basketball conference in the country and our campus is in a great city in Florida where most of the coutry would love to live.

Come here, we can help you get better, be a winner on a national stage and live large!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i said stick by coach mac

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

be optimistic fellas

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Yep. Been following the B-ball team since I was in school  in the mid 80's. As always, it's a "wait until next year," scenario.

Maybe being in the Big East will FINALLY make a difference...who knows...

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Dum dum dum dum, dum dee dum, dum dee dum

Dum dum dee dum dee dum, dum  dum dee dum dee dum

;D