• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I like how we're 2-1 and everyone is acting like we're 0-12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

It's just that sucking sucks and I don't know about you but I am tired of sucking. We are just not very good if you actually watch the games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

My opinion is this.

Our defense is good, top 3 in Big East.

Our offense is anemic, not because of coaching or skill, and I hate to do this but it is large in part that BJ is not a qb in the general sense.

He is a "game manager", hand ball off, throw screens, throw first reads, scramble make stuff happen. And you get the occasional hail Mary. But that's it, unfortunately SO MUCH of our play Relies on his individual output.

The FACT is the coaches put us in a position to win that game, hands down. That is unquestionable. It was winnable.

we have the best receivers we've ever had.

An Oline that for the first time does not consist of walk ons

Rbs who aren't flashy but can get you the 3 4 5 every play.

All other teams have to do is pressure BJ, take away his first read and keep a spy on him. bam that's it. So no our TEAM is not horrible at all, we just have one GLARING weakness. And defenses like rutgers expose it more than most teams

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Seriously grow some balls, toughen up we still got a whole season. Some people on here immediately jump ship every chance they get,

I don't think many have jumped ship but it's just there are those who always need to blow off steam after a loss ... and of course then there are those who have the need to blow off steam after the each bad pass, dropped pass, missed tackle, etc, too. The advent of the Internet and message boards have spared millions of tv's, wives and pets the wrath of the armchair quarterbacks/coaches out there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Seriously grow some balls, toughen up we still got a whole season. Some people on here immediately jump ship every chance they get,

I don't think many have jumped ship but it's just there are those who always need to blow off steam after a loss ... and of course then there are those who have the need to blow off steam after the each bad pass, dropped pass, missed tackle, etc, too. The advent of the Internet and message boards have spared millions of tv's, wives and pets the wrath of the armchair quarterbacks/coaches out there.

Exactly. I don't ever plan on not going to games and making donations, etc. Heck, already making plans for road trips next season. Love my Bulls, win or lose. But much prefer to see them play well and win.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

Call me crazy but I think we have a chance at beating FSU. They're kinda overrated and haven't really beat anyone. We'll see how good they are this week but I'm not writing this off as a loss yet.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think our problems start with the o-line. They didn't do a good job opening holes for our RBs and allowed too much pressure to get to BJ early. After that, BJ got happy feet and tried to play above himself. Even when there was a pocket, he'd run out of it and make bad throws on the run.

I know many of you want to blame our coaching staff and they certainly are not blameless, but the plays were there. They just weren't executed.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

They're kinda overrated and haven't really beat anyone.

Neither have we

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

They're kinda overrated and haven't really beat anyone.

Neither have we

touche

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

My opinion is this.

Our defense is good, top 3 in Big East.

Our offense is anemic, not because of coaching or skill, and I hate to do this but it is large in part that BJ is not a qb in the general sense.

He is a "game manager", hand ball off, throw screens, throw first reads, scramble make stuff happen. And you get the occasional hail Mary. But that's it, unfortunately SO MUCH of our play Relies on his individual output.

The FACT is the coaches put us in a position to win that game, hands down. That is unquestionable. It was winnable.

we have the best receivers we've ever had.

An Oline that for the first time does not consist of walk ons

Rbs who aren't flashy but can get you the 3 4 5 every play.

All other teams have to do is pressure BJ, take away his first read and keep a spy on him. bam that's it. So no our TEAM is not horrible at all, we just have one GLARING weakness. And defenses like rutgers expose it more than most teams

You lost me at our defense is good. Rutgers offense is anemic. Howard held the to 200 less yards. So did Tulane. I doubt our defense is top 100 in FBS

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I think our problems start with the o-line. They didn't do a good job opening holes for our RBs and allowed too much pressure to get to BJ early. After that, BJ got happy feet and tried to play above himself. Even when there was a pocket, he'd run out of it and make bad throws on the run.

I know many of you want to blame our coaching staff and they certainly are not blameless, but the plays were there. They just weren't executed.

Agree with everything here. BJ had 2 interceptions in the red zone that should have been TDs that got smacked up into the air. There was just as much of a chance that a Rutgers defenders wouldve caught that pass as a USF player at that point. Mitchell also fumbled on the punt return, which led to 3 points for Rutgers. Our coaches put us in good position to win many times, and the players blew it. The players know how to hold and catch the ball. There is nothing more the coaches can do there. I agree that BJ tried to do too much the further the game went on, but I blame the O-Line there. Our RBs got crushed the second they got the ball. idk how much the coaches can do there.

That being said, the coaches should see this kind of thing happening and adjust the playbook accordingly.