• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running of the Bulls LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

So I brought an out of town friend to the game last night.... it was his first ever live college football game... he lives on the east coast so he's not too familiar with our school.

We're waiting for the video intro and team run out and he turns to me and says... "Who are the kids in the karate outfits?" I kid you not I almost fell out of my chair... and I have 5 witnesses to verify that it happened.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

It needs to be killed.

The entire pregame production is horrible and should be redone from scrap.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,568
  • Days Won:  1

So I brought an out of town friend to the game last night.... it was his first ever live college football game... he lives on the east coast so he's not too familiar with our school.

We're waiting for the video intro and team run out and he turns to me and says... "Who are the kids in the karate outfits?" I kid you not I almost fell out of my chair... and I have 5 witnesses to verify that it happened.

Kinda OT, but didn't see anyone mention that Nevada does the same thing, but calls it the Running of the Wolves. I think it's their entire senior class and they run diagonally all the way across the field and up the steps into the student section.

Kinda OT, but didn't see anyone mention that Nevada does the same thing, but calls it the Running of the Wolves. I think it's their entire senior class and they run diagonally all the way across the field and up the steps into the student section.

That makes sense though... if it were our entire class.... or they weren't wearing those dumb outfits I could get with it.... hell it would even be cool.... it's the fact that they're desperately trying to tie it to something that not only has nothing to do with our school... BUT IS DIRECTLY TIED TO THE BULL GETTING KILLED... that I don't understand.

Though in hindsight I guess it's ironically true... our home record sucks. LOL

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It needs to be killed.

The entire pregame production is horrible and should be redone from scrap.

This. It's bush league and it's as lame as Tamplona (which I am glad that USF hasn't officially adopted yet).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

signed. sucks all around

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

i was going off last night about how pregame and intro, as well as how almost EVERYTHING is handled during games should be scrapped. even up to the PA announcer. i feel embarrassed. i can understand USF isn't full of traditions, but that doesn't mean we need to force so much cheesy stuff into it. even our students are bush league when they don't have any good chants besides u-s-f or the south fl south fl goooo bulls every 5 minutes. they gotta come up with something better.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

Its sad to me that no one likes this intro. I'd be interested to know the demographics of those that dont like it (old school vs new school). I thought it was relevant enough giving we are the BULLS and it re-enacts the running of the bulls in Spain comparing it to our team running out with that kind of fervor.

Plus, i ran as a student back in the day and thought it was fun and i think students still enjoy. I wish the video intro would incorporate it more. Like in between our highlights or the Bull crushing thru the BE teams crates, they can show clips of actual people in the running of the bulls. Then it might explain it to people.

And the Bull doesnt get killed in the running. Thats in bull fighting.

Tampa is bush league in general. Attendance was pathetic for a prime time game. But when the team stinks what can u expect.

Its sad to me that no one likes this intro. I'd be interested to know the demographics of those that dont like it (old school vs new school). I thought it was relevant enough giving we are the BULLS and it re-enacts the running of the bulls in Spain comparing it to our team running out with that kind of fervor.

Plus, i ran as a student back in the day and thought it was fun and i think students still enjoy. I wish the video intro would incorporate it more. Like in between our highlights or the Bull crushing thru the BE teams crates, they can show clips of actual people in the running of the bulls. Then it might explain it to people.

And the Bull doesnt get killed in the running. Thats in bull fighting.

Tampa is bush league in general. Attendance was pathetic for a prime time game. But when the team stinks what can u expect.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but don't the bulls in Pamplona run to the bull fight stadium?

Like I said... put the kids out there in usf shirts and it's fine.... it's just the gettup that makes it cheezy.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

i was going off last night about how pregame and intro, as well as how almost EVERYTHING is handled during games should be scrapped. even up to the PA announcer. i feel embarrassed. i can understand USF isn't full of traditions, but that doesn't mean we need to force so much cheesy stuff into it. even our students are bush league when they don't have any good chants besides u-s-f or the south fl south fl goooo bulls every 5 minutes. they gotta come up with something better.

Same. idk why, but everything really pissed me off last night. All of it. The chants, the band, the announcer, the MOTHERFUCKING ADVERTISEMENTS, the running of the bulls. Not the students though, at least they showed up. The intro video is ok. Not bad, but not that great either. I thought last year's was great. A lot of pride in that one.