• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ball State TV

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

I don't see 'Big East Network' as a channel on Fios. Does Brighthouse have it?

Last year those games were on the Bright House Sports Network Channel. I'm not sue if that's the case anymore.

This is the last year of them covering college sports. Going to all High School after this.

That I haven't heard. They dropped us but didn't know they're planning to cut out ALL college sports ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

Last year those games were on the Bright House Sports Network Channel. I'm not sue if that's the case anymore.

This is the last year of them covering college sports. Going to all High School after this.

That I haven't heard. They dropped us but didn't know they're planning to cut out ALL college sports ...

Pretty sure about that. It was announced quite a while ago. It wouldn't make sense to give up USF but keep other college sports?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

Glorious. I can officially cancel my Bright House television sub next year. USF was the only reason I had it.

I was trying to wait until after football season but was having so many problems with internet service I couldn't hang on.

Pretty sure about that. It was announced quite a while ago. It wouldn't make sense to give up USF but keep other college sports?

It would only make sense in that maybe they could pick and choose what, and when, college sports they broadcast, working around local high school stuff, where the contract with us was maybe more restricting in that flexibility ... Just a guess but I think it sucks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I'm hoping for ESPN3 if it's not picked up by ABC or something. Last game we watched on ESPN3 was almost HD quality.

I have the watchespn App on my iPad and a plug with an HDMI output for it...so we watch espn3 in full HD on our 52" tv...very happy with it. The signal rarely has to refresh and plays crisp for most of the game. Going to try plugging iPhone into sound bar and playing 98.7 the Fan for the Bulls radio call. Hopefully they are in sync

I'm hoping for ESPN3 if it's not picked up by ABC or something. Last game we watched on ESPN3 was almost HD quality.

I have the watchespn App on my iPad and a plug with an HDMI output for it...so we watch espn3 in full HD on our 52" tv...very happy with it. The signal rarely has to refresh and plays crisp for most of the game. Going to try plugging iPhone into sound bar and playing 98.7 the Fan for the Bulls radio call. Hopefully they are in sync

Home games aren't in sync so I doubt the away games would be ...

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

I emailed 98.7 before both games this year and Mike Pepper assured me there would only be the delay caused by IMG. Well we had a 23 second delay during the Rutgers game. Sometimes the next snap already happened before they called the previous snap.

How do we get into these sucky agreements with people who know nothing about broadcasting live events??

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

wow 23 seconds...thats terrible

I emailed 98.7 before both games this year and Mike Pepper assured me there would only be the delay caused by IMG. Well we had a 23 second delay during the Rutgers game. Sometimes the next snap already happened before they called the previous snap.

How do we get into these sucky agreements with people who know nothing about broadcasting live events??

I was listening to 1010 inside the stadium and it sure didn't seem like the delay was 23 seconds ...

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

There's always a delay between TV and radio. Radio is spoken and gets transmitted right away (or a very small delay). TV has a lot of processing to do, then they have a delay they put on it too (probably a longer one than radio), then it has to be broadcasted to all of the cable companies/service providers who then retransmit it to all of their subscribers. There's a lot more jumps than required with radio. The only way to get them in sync is to use something to add a delay to the radio broadcast you're listening to.