• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Daniels / Holtz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

great win

but usf should have been in control from the start

our talent level is much better

bj still cant hit open receivers consistenly(see nevada qb that was able to do it most of the day)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Besides several overthrows and not throwing the ball out of bounds after running around for 15 seconds I had no problems with BJ.

We won on a great come from behind so big props to Skip for keeping their heads on the game.

I still see so many of the same mistakes from coaching staff.

* no way the team was prepared to play at the outset.

* 4 special teams mistakes

* 13 penalties for 107 yards

Didn't look like Lamar was so rusty at RB to warrant a redshirt.

Lots to clean up, but we were in a position to win it and we did.

Besides several overthrows and not throwing the ball out of bounds after running around for 15 seconds I had no problems with BJ.

We won on a great come from behind so big props to Skip for keeping their heads on the game.

I still see so many of the same mistakes from coaching staff.

* no way the team was prepared to play at the outset.

* 4 special teams mistakes

* 13 penalties for 107 yards

Didn't look like Lamar was so rusty at RB to warrant a redshirt.

Lots to clean up, but we were in a position to win it and we did.

redshirting lamar was ridiculous

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We won that is the silver lining. Still lots to improve on early in the season. I haven't been watching Rutgers thus far, so not sure what to expect from them this year.

Do you think Rutgers is a better team than Nevada? I know their offense is completely different.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Holtz clearly didn't prepare this team on defense (or cosh i dont know)

BJ didn't have a good game at all but made a play when it counted.... the best part is 0 INTs....

Fitch called his best game at USF

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

BJ didn't have a good game at all but made a play when it counted.... the best part is 0 INTs....

I don't know that I can disagree with you, because there isn't a lot to compare too, but, don't give him too much credit... we are way faster than them and were getting good looks on the deep ball all day. Of course you're going to throw it deep when it's been there and you're down big in the 4th. I could have made those calls.

My issue is this... BJ is not a pocket passer... why are we still trying to force that? How many times did we run on 2nd and long to set BJ up with a 3rd and 6+ to try to pick up, and then he missed the throw? That's not good coaching. If he is having accuracy issues, you can't keep putting him in that spot.

BJ missed some throws but ultimately played a pretty solid game. Fitch doesn't deserve to be the hero here with his no-brainer play calls and the on-field heroics of BJ and Davis.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I don't know that I can disagree with you, because there isn't a lot to compare too, but, don't give him too much credit... we are way faster than them and were getting good looks on the deep ball all day. Of course you're going to throw it deep when it's been there and you're down big in the 4th. I could have made those calls.

My issue is this... BJ is not a pocket passer... why are we still trying to force that? How many times did we run on 2nd and long to set BJ up with a 3rd and 6+ to try to pick up, and then he missed the throw? That's not good coaching. If he is having accuracy issues, you can't keep putting him in that spot.

BJ missed some throws but ultimately played a pretty solid game. Fitch doesn't deserve to be the hero here with his no-brainer play calls and the on-field heroics of BJ and Davis.

bj should be running a nevadaesque offense

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Fortunate that we won and I don't mind saying that BJ played well when he needed to. It is just so frustrating to see the lows with this kid when he could be more consistent.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

bj should be running a nevadaesque offense

Exactly. Fitch/Holtz have been trying to make him into something he's not for the last 3 years... in their defense, I know he doesn't like to run and he wants to be a pocket passer, but, that is not what is in the best interest of the team IMHO. Maybe he's starting to get it though and they will all look like genius' by the end of the year...maybe?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

One more point. We're still owed (are you listening Lord? Owed!) three game winning endings to make up for last year.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Bruce would have been switch to a RB or WR position if they had better options at QB. But he's all we have now. Let's support him and the team. He have giving us 5 years.