• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lamar... Don't put that red shirt on yet...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Looks like No. 2 RB for USF at Nevada if Marcus Shaw can't go will be either senior Lindsey Lamar or junior Bradley Battles.

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

If RB Shaw can't go Saturday, USF might lift redshirt off Lindsey Lamar, who Holtz says is not only OK w/ that, he's "Chuckles the Clown."

sounds like coach is re-considering...

Edited by jasonb56

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You don't redshirt a weapon

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Holtz might think Lamar can get up to 200+ lbs in another 2 years for his senior year and develop into a truly every down back with good size and great speed. If that were the case, it would make sense to red shirt him and let him grow.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Holtz might think Lamar can get up to 200+ lbs in another 2 years for his senior year and develop into a truly every down back with good size and great speed. If that were the case, it would make sense to red shirt him and let him grow.

That makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is redshirting both Lamar & Pierre. I thought we brought in a JUCO to help THIS year.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That makes sense.

What doesn't makre sense is redshirting both Lamar & Pierre. I thought we brought in a JUCO to help THIS year.

The sad thing is that we did and apparently Mr. Pierre isn't as good as they anticipated. Considering we managed less than 100 yards against Chattanooga, I can't think our other backs were head and shoulders better than another good running back.

SEPTEMBER 04, 2012

RB Shaw still sidelined, could miss Nevada game

USF running back Marcus Shaw missed practice for the second day in a row Tuesday with the ankle injury suffered in Saturday's win against Chattanooga, and Skip Holtz said the Bulls are evaluating their other options for their No. 2 running back should Shaw not be available.

"The only one I'm concerned about is Shaw," Holtz said. "I don't know that we'll have him."

Shaw's injury could impact USF's plans to redshirt senior Lindsey Lamar, who would be USF's most experienced option to replace Shaw; Holtz said junior Bradley Battles, who was suspended from the opener, would be another option, ahead of redshirt freshman Willie Davis.

"If Shaw can't go, we've talked about playing Lindsey," Holtz said. "I would have loved to have done that for him, but we also have to do what's best for this team. ... We have to be prepared to take the redshirt off and say 'Let's go." He is Chuckles the Clown out there, he's giggles and smiles and laughs and working hard. ... With Shaw out, then Lindsey would definitely play. ... I have great confidence in Battles. I've really been impressed with him. I've been impressed with Willie's talent, but as a young player, I don't know that's he's ready to carry that role just yet."

USF did get good news on the injury front as left tackle Darrell Williams, who missed the opener with a sprained ankle suffered last week, was back at practice and will be available for Saturday's game; senior Damien Edwards started against the Mocs and worked with the first team during practice Tuesday. "(Williams) should be back full strength," Holtz said.

Posted by Greg Auman at 3:32:29 pm on September 04, 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/rb-shaw-still-sidelined-could-miss-nevada-game

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Will also help in the KO return game with Lamar back there and we wouldn't have to risk injury to a CB, where we have little to no depth.

• Upvote 1

Will also help in the KO return game with Lamar back there and we wouldn't have to risk injury to a CB, where we have little to no depth.

We could also use Aristil, the All-American track star.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

All people going for the legs would be hurdled.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Is this guy football ready?