• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

KENTUCKY-FAN-HIGH-FIVE-FAIL.gif

Ha ha I saw that too. It was pretty quick - I think you got all that was captured on tv. I rewound that a couple of times to show my son!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

Triple, it's interesting you say that because I just bought season tickets today near that section (guaranteeing my FSU game). If student request tickets are out by the end of the season (which I hope, because that means interest will peak), I will have myself over there.

So I'm in 126, directly across from there. You a native of that area? Is that the alumni? Looks to be a decent time everytime I glance over... maybe you can give me some input (or someone else on the board)

I agree with sections 124-126 being pretty rowdy. I've been in 124 for 7 seasons, lots of younger alumni who know how to have fun

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Triple, it's interesting you say that because I just bought season tickets today near that section (guaranteeing my FSU game). If student request tickets are out by the end of the season (which I hope, because that means interest will peak), I will have myself over there.

So I'm in 126, directly across from there. You a native of that area? Is that the alumni? Looks to be a decent time everytime I glance over... maybe you can give me some input (or someone else on the board)

I agree with sections 124-126 being pretty rowdy. I've been in 124 for 7 seasons, lots of younger alumni who know how to have fun

not to nitpick too much but many of those are just fans of the team and not young alumni. We have lots of fans who never went to USF at all--- like ET, for a great example

VERY HAPPY TO HAVE THOSE FANS

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I have been going to games since 1998! I was very impressed the third level had warm bodies the students did their part very good all around for playing a team called the mocking birds! I remember when we were lucky to get 12,000! We got a W as for next week??????Nevada looks good. Out.

Section 125.

we've never had attendance that bad for a home game-- doubt we ever had less than

19K (butts in seats, not tickets sold either)-- been to all of them except one.

I think we did for one of those 11am games at the end of the 2004 season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

not to nitpick too much but many of those are just fans of the team and not young alumni. We have lots of fans who never went to USF at all--- like ET, for a great example

Thanx. Another is Holtz :)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

Well I know the 25 around me are alumni. I'm sure some of the others are just fans, but they are younger and fun. Like you said we need all the fans we can get :)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271

Very proud of the students

They showed up, but the atmosphere was very bland after the first 10 minutes of the game. I get that it was a boring game, but most sat the whole game and only stood up to dance.

I chalked that up to many being freshman. They didn't know the chants, the songs, or the motions. They caught on a little later.

And all this talk about what section to sit in is somewhat poignant seeing as how I felt a little weird sitting in the student section this past game. I just graduated in May but my gf is still a student, so she got me a guest ticket and we sat together in the student section. At first it was great, felt like it always has, but sometime during the game that feeling subsided and a feeling of not belonging washed over me. Suddenly, I was looking at the students and I felt out of place. Silly, I suppose since I've only been out for 4 months, I'm only 23, and was there with my gf who is a student, but I don't know. Things just seemed different for some reason.

Edited by ETA_for_life

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I have been going to games since 1998! I was very impressed the third level had warm bodies the students did their part very good all around for playing a team called the mocking birds! I remember when we were lucky to get 12,000! We got a W as for next week??????Nevada looks good. Out.

Section 125.

we've never had attendance that bad for a home game-- doubt we ever had less than

19K (butts in seats, not tickets sold either)-- been to all of them except one.

Wasn't Louisville last year something like 17,000 on the turnstile count?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

My2cents

I have spent time in the past bashing on the apathetic student section so in terms of fairness I want to say, great job to the students. I never expected such a turnout for a UTC game. My daughter was thoroughly impressed with you guys so nice work. Way to represent.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Well I know the 25 around me are alumni. I'm sure some of the others are just fans, but they are younger and fun. Like you said we need all the fans we can get :)

I thought 124 was pretty dead this weekend. I know it's UTC, but the rows in front of me just sat there the whole game silent.