• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brad Smith, DE Jesuit HS Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Brad Smith commits to USF.

TBO HighSchoolSports â€@TBO_PrepSports

Another local lineman commits to the #USF Bulls: Jesuit senior Brad Smith (6-4, 220), Tigers coach James Harrell announced Sunday to media

Tigers DE Brad Smith commits to USF

Sun. August 26, 2012 | Joey Knight

Rangy Jesuit DE Brad Smith has committed to USF, becoming the third Tigers senior to give a verbal pledge to the Bulls.

Tigers coach James Harrell announced Smith's commitment Sunday afternoon. Entering his third season as a starter, he had offers from a handful of Division I programs (Boston College, Duke, Air Force) as well as I-AA offers from the likes of Furman, Lehigh and Lafayette.

Smith (6-foot-4, 228 pounds) had a team-high 13 sacks for the Tigers (11-2) last season, adding 54 total tackles and two caused fumbles. The younger sibling of UCF OT Phil Smith, he joins two-way linemen Robby Garcia and Cameron Ruff as USF commitments from Jesuit's Class of 2013.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/tigers-de-brad-smith-commits-usf/14494/

Another local pledge for USF football: Jesuit’s Smith

Posted Aug 26, 2012 by Bill Ward

Updated Aug 26, 2012 at 04:36 PM

When it comes to landing local linemen, the University of South Florida is scoring big.

The Bulls added another area standout Sunday when they received a verbal commitment from Jesuit defensive end/linebacker Brad Smith, Tigers coach James Harrell announced.

Smith joins Jesuit teammates Cameron Ruff and Robby Garcia, both offensive linemen, along with Robinson linemen Bruce Hector and Connor Rafferty and Plant defensive end/linebacker Mitchell Wright as USF commitments.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Smith is rated as a two-star lineman by Rivals but his speed (4.8 seconds for the 40-yard dash), ability to get to the quarterback, overall aggressiveness and solid grade point average made him attractive to several Division I schools.

“He’s a little under-sized for his position but he’s a smart player and he can put on weight in college,†Harrell said. “He and his parents met with (USF) coach (Skip) Holtz yesterday and after that, they were sold on the school as the right place to be for Brad.â€

Smith, who had a team-high 13 sacks last season and produced 54 tackles, also had offers from Air Force, Boston College, Duke, Furman, Holy Cross and Lehigh.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/category/C667/

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Another local pledge for USF football: Jesuit’s Smith

Posted Aug 26, 2012 by Bill Ward

Updated Aug 26, 2012 at 04:36 PM

When it comes to landing local linemen, the University of South Florida is scoring big.

The Bulls added another area standout Sunday when they received a verbal commitment from Jesuit defensive end/linebacker Brad Smith, Tigers coach James Harrell announced.

Smith joins Jesuit teammates Cameron Ruff and Robby Garcia, both offensive linemen, along with Robinson linemen Bruce Hector and Connor Rafferty and Plant defensive end/linebacker Mitchell Wright as USF commitments.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Smith is rated as a two-star lineman by Rivals but his speed (4.8 seconds for the 40-yard dash), ability to get to the quarterback, overall aggressiveness and solid grade point average made him attractive to several Division I schools.

“He’s a little under-sized for his position but he’s a smart player and he can put on weight in college,†Harrell said. “He and his parents met with (USF) coach (Skip) Holtz yesterday and after that, they were sold on the school as the right place to be for Brad.â€

Smith, who had a team-high 13 sacks last season and produced 54 tackles, also had offers from Air Force, Boston College, Duke, Furman, Holy Cross and Lehigh.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/category/C667/

So are we recruiting him as a DE or a linebacker?

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Welcome Brad, glad you are a Bull.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I love what VHII and Coach Patrick are doing with our DL. Recruiting and creating NFL caliber linemen, I couldn't be more impressed. Watching Eric Lee and Daniel Perry perform in camp I was massively impressed by our ability to find highly underrated guys who are beginning to produce already. That and our DTs including JT Hamilton coming straight out of the box. This may be the most deepest area of the Bulls recruiting and play. If those guys like Brad(and I'm sure they have seen a bunch of him), I'm all in.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

DE

Give him to Golden and hovan and he'll be 265# when he hits the field.

Was going to say, at 228 lbs, he'll have to pack on some serious weight. Welcome to USF, Brad!