• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

The models are not set in stone... this storm can turn on a dime at any moment... that is why FIU closed apparently because they were concerned that the storm COULD turn and come across the state and hit them.

This is a money deal... USF is concerned with $$ and not safety. I'm not alone in this check the USF Facebook page... the students are pissed.

No set in stone, but pretty accurate and they still have Isaac moving further to the West.

Unless it makes a westward track for Mexico the Tampa Campus will have 40 mph gusts tomorrow and heavy down pours.

Also why did USF just close Lakeland which is safer then Tampa, but leave Tampa open?

If I was a student or parent I'd be pissed right now.

Good grief calm down... we get worse weather during our summer thunderstorms where we routinely get 50-60mph gusts. You won't see anything close to that tonight or tomorrow. This is a rain maker and nothing more. I had no idea you could major in over-reacting at USF but that's apparently what you did.

Closing USF Lakeland isn't USF's call.... That's on PSC's property and it's their call... PSC made their decision earlier this afternoon to close that campus so USF's had no choice.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The models are not set in stone... this storm can turn on a dime at any moment... that is why FIU closed apparently because they were concerned that the storm COULD turn and come across the state and hit them.

This is a money deal... USF is concerned with $$ and not safety. I'm not alone in this check the USF Facebook page... the students are pissed.

No set in stone, but pretty accurate and they still have Isaac moving further to the West.

Unless it makes a westward track for Mexico the Tampa Campus will have 40 mph gusts tomorrow and heavy down pours.

Also why did USF just close Lakeland which is safer then Tampa, but leave Tampa open?

Good grief calm down... we get worse weather during our summer thunderstorms where we routinely get 50-60mph gusts. You won't see anything close to that tonight or tomorrow. This is a rain maker and nothing more. I had no idea you could major in over-reacting at USF but that's apparently what you did.

Closing USF Lakeland isn't USF's call.... That's on PSC's property and it's their call... PSC made their decision earlier this afternoon to close that campus so USF's had no choice.

THIS +10000000000000000000

That's why I'm laughing at everyone who called and demanded the school close.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

THIS +10000000000000000000

That's why I'm laughing at everyone who called and demanded the school close.

Glad I'm not alone in thinking this ... Watching the track, it was pushing more westerly with every update. Some are acting like we were dead in the crosshairs.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Also tomorrow is the first day of classes... man... I feel bad for all of those students that HAVE to go or get cut from courses... I even feel worse for the freshmen and for those that are going to get stranded tomorrow.

I'm still in disbelief that USF would do something this stupid. Hopefully they change their minds and close...

Most of the professors have been told to be lenient with attendance tomorrow and Tuesday because of the weather and traffic from the RNC.

But looking at how the computer models are shaping up, Tampa is only going to get some nasty weather tonight and rain tomorrow. It's good that we're prepared, but this one is a party storm.

Students were pissed because they had to go to class when they had an excuse not to .... go figure.

Don't you work at USF?

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I am going to laugh my ass off at every student who complained when (1) they get slammed with having to make up the work lost, (2) they realize they are still paying tuition for not going to class, and (3) the weather turns out no where near as bad as they thought.

Just looking at those facebook comments, you would think that Tampa was going to be directly hit by a Cat 5 and that no one at USF has ever gone through a storm.

I'd be complaining more if I had to walk through rain and wind gusts all day.

JP is far as **** from everything, a 15 minute walk to the BSN would be ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I am going to laugh my ass off at every student who complained when (1) they get slammed with having to make up the work lost, (2) they realize they are still paying tuition for not going to class, and (3) the weather turns out no where near as bad as they thought.

Just looking at those facebook comments, you would think that Tampa was going to be directly hit by a Cat 5 and that no one at USF has ever gone through a storm.

I'd be complaining more if I had to walk through rain and wind gusts all day.

JP is far as **** from everything, a 15 minute walk to the BSN would be ridiculous.

That would be your biggest complaint, walking to class in the rain? Guess we should just cancel all summer classes because students might have to walk in the rain from those afternoon thunderstorms.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

One complication is it being the first day of class. With some students being commuters, and if it is anything like tropical storm weather (gusty winds and rain), first day attendance could be an issue. Making a trek from one side of campus to the other (like me from ENG to BSN) plus bad weather would be miserable. Also those who miss first day attendance are dropped from the course, but I'm sure they would have accounted for that.

The rain doesn't seem to be that severe or windy, so I didn't see it necessary to cancel all classes, but for the safety of the students and to compensate for commutes, I understand why they closed the campus

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Par for the course for him.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

So... lets skip to this morning... it's barely raining and there is a slight breeze of.... oh.... maybe 5mph... I can fart faster than that.

Glad we shut everything down for the day... wouldn't want anyone to get wet.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We have worse afternoon thunderstorms than this.

Only thing I would be concerned about is the POTENTIAL flooding.