• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's have it, what are your Fan Fest stories?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

Who did you meet? What did they say? How was the event managed? What sigs did you get (will it be on ebay? :) )?

Let the rest of us know how the day went. I've got my own memories from my attendance (before it was called Fan Fest - I believe it was Fan Appreciation Day or something like that. And it was held on the practice fields).

Please share.

Yes Bulliever - I too went to the ones on campus. Back then there were so few people that you could watch the last part of practice and then the players just walked around and gave autographs.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I asked three people in a position to know about Lynch and they all said the odds of him getting his waiver was 50-50.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Who did you meet? What did they say? How was the event managed? What sigs did you get (will it be on ebay? :) )?

Let the rest of us know how the day went. I've got my own memories from my attendance (before it was called Fan Fest - I believe it was Fan Appreciation Day or something like that. And it was held on the practice fields).

Please share.

Yes Bulliever - I too went to the ones on campus. Back then there were so few people that you could watch the last part of practice and then the players just walked around and gave autographs.

Remember that first one also. Leaving was on his hands and knees signing before someone brought him a chair water and towel

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

My daughter walked around and got a bunch of autographs on the schedule poster. I looked and all I saw was girl names. Apparently she was more interested in finding all cheerleaders. They were definately easier and faster to get than the players, so I'll give her that.

I got Coach to sign my Notre Dame ticket and actually made it about 30 yards away before realizing I actually picked up his Ray Bans off the table forgetting mine were on my hat! No one even noticed, but his wife was thankful when I returned them. She was very nice taking many pictures for people so they could get the whole family in.

You stole Skip's sun glasses. Now that's a pretty funny story. :D

Edited by Bull Martin

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Please share.

That's right, I remember watching practice. That was fun, as was so much when watching a program grow.

As ET mentioned, Howie and I chatted a bit before the gates opened. He looks great for someone who just had a heart attack. Took a picture of him and his gorgeous little girl. Maybe he'll post that picture too.

Got a lot of signatures on the schedule poster, which will take its usual place of honor in my office, for the last time.

The weather was pretty bad. The sun and heat were draining so we left a little after 3:00 p.m.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

I asked three people in a position to know about Lynch and they all said the odds of him getting his waiver was 50-50.

He was a big boy in-person! he was also very nice and gave my daughter a "High Five" on his way to the tables for signatures... we will see :-)

He was a big boy in-person! he was also very nice and gave my daughter a "High Five" on his way to the tables for signatures... we will see :-)

I chatted with him and just about everyone on the DL, including the coach. LOL

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Had a great time.

Dunkley is a funny guy- told me numerous times to spread the word about "the show".

Players all really friendly, some shook hands- really appreciate them sitting out there for 2 hours after their camp in Vero.

Interesting note- As I was getting my poster signed, Justin Brockhaus-Kahn was very, very vocal about how pissed he was for not being included with the other seniors in the poster "after giving five years of his life."

Other than that, I'd suggest cheaper drinks ($3 water, $4 powerade)...do what the Bucs did- $1 water and $1 hot dogs.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

what did he say