• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Building Tradition at USF: Anything Being Implemented?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

To me a nice tradition would be getting 50k to EVERY game.

Bingo!

Even better would be to have all 50K standing in front of their seats at kickoff.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

The Rocky's Rag is something that could catch on and I believe it has the possibility. It just depends how many others are willing to try it and yes, the winning would help implement it. The fact that it is green definitely helps and seeing a giant wave of green at not only RJS but at all the sporting events could become a great tradition. I understand the complaint about the cost, but one good thing about that is the fact that people will make sure not to forget about it when they know they spent $8 on it. Hopefully many fans will use it Friday night at the Men's Soccer game vs Michigan which will be televised on Fox Soccer Channel

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I would love for a group of "Green Men" to go to most of the events. I have a friend who did it for several softball games last year and seemed to be a success

fullsize_7.jpg I love these Canucks fans lol

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

War Flamingo was a joke post but apparently some of you are quite passionate against it. May I ask why? Is it that you are too cool for such a childish "gimmick"? Inquiring minds want to know.

Not spending $8 on a small green towel. Will stop at WalMart/Target and buy a small green towel, since no one on TV will know the difference.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

At least Tamplona and War Flamingo are USF originals. Not saying that we should use either, But at the very least they are both unique to USF. Plus wasn't Auburn our first huge road victory?

Tamplona is cool. War Flamingo isn't.

Solid agree with you on this one.

Pitt in 2001 was out first huge road win.

Define huge.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

War Flamingo was a joke post but apparently some of you are quite passionate against it. May I ask why? Is it that you are too cool for such a childish "gimmick"? Inquiring minds want to know.

Come on, compare an eagle with a flamingo and tell me which one is more worthy of being a mascot for a football team. :D

It was great for the Auburn game, and a great joke henceforth, but to speak of it being a tradition smacks of a not-so-subtle Florida-ized version of Auburn's tradition. Just not something I would want to associate with USF for the rest of my life.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Pitt in 2001 was out first huge road win.

Define huge.

Second game as a 1 A program going up against a team who was the first team receiving votes in both polls. We received some good time on ESPN that day. You can argue that we arrived as a program that day.

Come on, compare an eagle with a flamingo and tell me which one is more worthy of being a mascot for a football team. :D

It was great for the Auburn game, and a great joke henceforth, but to speak of it being a tradition smacks of a not-so-subtle Florida-ized version of Auburn's tradition. Just not something I would want to associate with USF for the rest of my life.

Partially toungue in cheek. I haven't ever seen such passion towards a "Joke Gimmick".

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Second time... what is tamplona?

Starting a green rally rag tradition is very very easy. Just raise the price of the our shirt by $1 and then include a green rag with each our shirt purchase.

Got that.... include green rag with each our shirt purchase and that's all it will take. Make the our shirts $6 or $7 dollars to cover the cost. If a business is selling the A&M rags for $1 I'm sure SG can find a place to get green ones for a similar price. I can't imagine green dye raises the cost by much, if at all.

EDIT: So for those who support that idea just write an email to SG with the above suggestion, I think they could easily implement it and include a little green towel with each 2013 our shirt. If they get enough emails I'm sure they will at least give it thorough consideration. It can go through SG and be tied to the our shirt. I think that would be the path of least resistance.

Edited by Gismo