• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Building Tradition at USF: Anything Being Implemented?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Seriously what kind of Bulls are in front of the Marshall Center? I mean they are not really Brahman? and well help me out here.

They're standard common place bulls. We dropped the Brahman for a reason, they are dopey looking and not very aggressive. The Bulls are more fierce.

Yes, we should remember our history, but I have no problems with the new bulls being used.

Which of these is your "standard common place bull"?

- Angus

- Hereford

- Florida Cracker

- Simmental

- Brahman

- Charolais

- Limousin

- Gelbvieh

- Red Angus

- Beefmaster

- Brangus

- Maine Anjou

- Chianina

Fierce Brahman Bulls

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=brahman+bull+jpgs+free&qpvt=brahman+bull+jpgs+free&FORM=IGRE

Edited by mviusa

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

My ideas.

1. Stop the "smoke" at the entrance, we're not um.

2. Stop the firing of the "cannons", we're not the Bucs.

3. Stop the "running with the Bulls thing", as much as ET likes to call us Tamplona, we're not.

4. Stop trying to "force" a tradition, when they start they start.

JMVHO

You missed one:

5. Shut that guy up at the begining when the band is play... "Oooooh that's hot"

Lord I hope that's been fixed this year... he's downright embarrassing as a representative of USF.

I've asked about the running of the bulls thing.... too may people in high places like it... plus SBC likes it and now that they've pretty much officially eliminated the original Brahma Bull in favor of a more spanish type bull I doubt it's going anywhere.

Common sense and school history be damned.... :icon_drink:

Since I was on the inside of the last live mascot deal from the perspective of the rancher, the live bull and the running of bulls thing are tied together. My rancher pal told me that a certain big money donor / sponsor is throwing a lot of money around to turn USF's mascot into a Spanish Bull.

Thus why the University keeps doing the running of the Bulls even though people don't like it... the Building Traditions poll showed that people don't like it... also explains why we won't have a live Bull. My rancher pal who also owns a number of Beef's around the area said that the issue is not RayJay, the TSA, or the Buc's but is this donor and few people in athletics that pander to this group. Apparently this donor, not RayJay, does not want to see a live Bull in any shape or form. This donor does not want to see a live Bull because the live bull would be a Brahma and not a spanish bull which does not exist in Florida, and would ruin the plans of this donor.

Now all of this is hearsay but my buddy is no slouch and have no reason to doubt him.

Seriously what kind of Bulls are in front of the Marshall Center? I mean they are not really Brahman? and well help me out here.

The bulls in front of the Marshall center are Hereford, which is an English Bull

The artist the University contracted out to build these statues was British... this is what happens when you hire people to make USF school spirit decisions that did not get their undergrad at USF.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The bulls in front of the Marshall center are Hereford, which is an English Bull

The artist the University contracted out to build these statues was British... this is what happens when you hire people to make USF school spirit decisions that did not get their undergrad at USF.

They're not Hereford Bulls. Look at these pictures: https://www.google.com/search?q=hereford+bull&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=URV&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=dEwsUOimHKraygGohoGADA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=612

Then compare to this:

HUQBEMIGVAMCQHP.20090711220545.jpg

It has nothing to do with where the artist was from. You look at those statues, the one on the 2nd floor of the Marshall Center, and the one inside the Athletics lobby, and they are all similar to the Spanish Bull (I shouldn't have said common bull earlier).

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I liked the green gold chant...... I think we should be able to do Tampa Bay as well.... USF represents Tampa Bay as the main college in this region.... jmo

No.

Green and Gold should do fine. That would be like Southern Cal chanting Los - Angeles or LSU chanting Baton-Rouge

Works for Bucs games, and I can't see how that would be exclusive to the Bucs

They are the "Tampa Bay" Buccaneers. That's why that chant works...

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

The Green- Gold Chant would work as well as South -Florida.

Also as others have said, butts in seats for the pregame and staying til the end. Many of us on here have gone to away games. Crowd participates in pregame when the band is on the field. Several schools fans did songs at the end of the third quarter.. Stay for the Alma MAter at the endo of the game and Learn the words to the fight song. its not that hard.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Also as others have said, butts in seats for the pregame and staying til the end. Many of us on here have gone to away games. Crowd participates in pregame when the band is on the field. Several schools fans did songs at the end of the third quarter.. Stay for the Alma MAter at the endo of the game and Learn the words to the fight song. its not that hard.

Sometimes it is when the police are there telling everyone to get out.

They're not Hereford Bulls. Look at these pictures: https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=612

Then compare to this:

HUQBEMIGVAMCQHP.20090711220545.jpg

It has nothing to do with where the artist was from. You look at those statues, the one on the 2nd floor of the Marshall Center, and the one inside the Athletics lobby, and they are all similar to the Spanish Bull (I shouldn't have said common bull earlier).

I was going off of an article I read a while back when we had our last mascot argument... the artist that designed the statues was quoted as saying that he got his inspiration from his native Hereford bulls...

I really need to start saving this shiz to save me time looking for it again...

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

That green rocky is live and has a baby hump behind his neck.

Sometimes it is when the police are there telling everyone to get out.

^^^ This... last season I tried staying for the alma mater each game and each game a cop came down and told us its time to leave... when we did not listen they got very testy. They were not just telling my group but everyone.

USF should do something about this crap... fans should be allowed to hang around for a while after the end of the game vs. being rushed out like, well a bunch of livestock

• Upvote 2