• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Random Recruiting Discussions (Split from another thread, title by moderator)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  1

Less abuse on their bodies as well..

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

How do u mean that late bloomers are perfect for the NFL

My guess is that he means that they're not peaking too soon and at just the right time for the NFL ...

Wasn't jpp considered a late bloomer?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

# 4 : Kids dream of ultimately being in the NFL if they are being advised correctly all things considered its a good chance going to their favorite college and playing early may not happen more than likely . So while there is a sense of pride and bragging rights associated with going to their favorite school it probably will not be a conduit to reaching the ultimate goal of making big money in the NFL and playing the game they love at the highest level...I don't like the idea of being so pro SEC on this board as there may be some who are on the fence about coming to USF and I would hate for you to sway them in another direction . USF dynasty starts now...

Agreed 100%. I felt like I was reading a SEC fan boy board with some of the comments on here.

The Big East puts out a ton of NFL players. Heck, USF had 5 players drafted in the 2010 draft (tied for the most of any school in the country that year).

Edited by jd77

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

# 4 : Kids dream of ultimately being in the NFL if they are being advised correctly all things considered its a good chance going to their favorite college and playing early may not happen more than likely . So while there is a sense of pride and bragging rights associated with going to their favorite school it probably will not be a conduit to reaching the ultimate goal of making big money in the NFL and playing the game they love at the highest level...I don't like the idea of being so pro SEC on this board as there may be some who are on the fence about coming to USF and I would hate for you to sway them in another direction . USF dynasty starts now...

Agreed 100%. I felt like I was reading a SEC fan boy board with some of the comments on here.

I didn't see an SEC fan boy board but I did see some reality being doled out as to why it wasn't unthinkable for a high school player to choose an SEC school over USF ... and some reality as to why some would choose USF over an SEC school.

Heck, USF had 5 players drafted in the 2010 draft (tied for the most of any school in the country that year).

Not sure where you got that from but there were numerous schools with more than 5 drafted players that year ... We did have the most from the BE that year.

http://en.wikipedia..../2010_NFL_Draft

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't see an SEC fan boy board but I did see some reality being doled out as to why it wasn't unthinkable for a high school player to choose an SEC school over USF ... and some reality as to why some would choose USF over an SEC school.

Heck, USF had 5 players drafted in the 2010 draft (tied for the most of any school in the country that year).

Not sure where you got that from but there were numerous schools with more than 5 drafted players that year ... We did have the most from the BE that year.

http://en.wikipedia..../2010_NFL_Draft

Nah, there's a difference between respect and going to that length - disappointed Ghost. If that was a UCFer or UFer coming on here we would have told him to take a hike. When the father of one of our recruits starts a thread to talk about recruting ON OUR RECRUITING BOARD and has to mention how some people are going overboard on SEC, it's gone too far....

I respect the SEC, but we are SOUTH FLORIDA.

Edited by CRBULL

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Nah, there's a difference between respect and going to that length - disappointed Ghost. If that was a UCFer or UFer coming on here we would have told him to take a hike. When the father of one of our recruits starts a thread to talk about recruting ON OUR RECRUITING BOARD and has to mention how some people are going overboard on SEC, it's gone too far....

What length did I go to? I said that a coach like Nick Saban would bring way more with him than Skip Holtz has. It might sting, but I am not sure how you can disagree with that. I also said the SEC gets a million times more exposure than USF and the Big East does. Also not sure how you can disagree with that.

Just because this is a USF board doesnt mean we have to just go around patting each other in the back and spoon feeding fairy dust. The things that need to improve wont do so unless they are pointed out.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

What length did I go to? I said that a coach like Nick Saban would bring way more with him than Skip Holtz has. It might sting, but I am not sure how you can disagree with that. I also said the SEC gets a million times more exposure than USF and the Big East does. Also not sure how you can disagree with that.

Just because this is a USF board doesnt mean we have to just go around patting each other in the back and spoon feeding fairy dust. The things that need to improve wont do so unless they are pointed out.

My angle is not to pat each other on the back eventhough it would be appropriate in this venue rather to encourage positive aspects of the Big East while sensationalizing USF Football. Time and place. Would like every opportunity to flip recruits from any school and any conference especially Fl. boys who wanna stay close to home. Don't wanna push um on the SEC side of the fence or acc side BigEast and USF a soft place to land...

My angle is not to pat each other on the back eventhough it would be appropriate in this venue rather to encourage positive aspects of the Big East while sensationalizing USF Football. Time and place. Would like every opportunity to flip recruits from any school and any conference especially Fl. boys who wanna stay close to home. Don't wanna push um on the SEC side of the fence or acc side BigEast and USF a soft place to land...

Believe me I would do anything in my power to flip recruits over to our side. I think USF has plenty to offer young athletes as well as young students. If you are willing to put in the work, USF will reward you for it.

Nothing I said here though is a big secret or even really that negative. SEC coaches are more renowned than CSH and Big East coaches. Anyone who has followed CFB for at least three days knows this. I didnt say Skip wasnt a good coach or that he couldnt get them to the next level, because he can.

Hopefully this NBC contract goes through and the Big East and USF can get pretty much their own dedicated network. This will be huge for exposure as we wont have to share it with FSU, UF, or Miami. Whenever we play, it will be on national TV. That is a big deal in my opinion. At the moment though, this isnt the case; so saying that the SEC gets more exposure and knobslobbing also isnt a big secret. Just turn on ESPN right now.

I will also say that any recruit who makes his decision to attend a university and play Division 1 football based on what he reads on a message board...wow. Leave it to the coaches and the visits.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Believe me I would do anything in my power to flip recruits over to our side. I think USF has plenty to offer young athletes as well as young students. If you are willing to put in the work, USF will reward you for it.

Nothing I said here though is a big secret or even really that negative. SEC coaches are more renowned than CSH and Big East coaches. Anyone who has followed CFB for at least three days knows this. I didnt say Skip wasnt a good coach or that he couldnt get them to the next level, because he can.

Hopefully this NBC contract goes through and the Big East and USF can get pretty much their own dedicated network. This will be huge for exposure as we wont have to share it with FSU, UF, or Miami. Whenever we play, it will be on national TV. That is a big deal in my opinion. At the moment though, this isnt the case; so saying that the SEC gets more exposure and knobslobbing also isnt a big secret. Just turn on ESPN right now.

I will also say that any recruit who makes his decision to attend a university and play Division 1 football based on what he reads on a message board...wow. Leave it to the coaches and the visits.

Best thing you could do

Believe me I would do anything in my power to flip recruits over to our side

Stuff a rag in it.

Best thing you could do

Stuff a rag in it.

lol ok