• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hotz talks about OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just to get this out of the way; no, I'm not on crack

That out of the way...

Apple Stadium? Why not approach Apple for naming rights?

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

ET, you're one of my favorite posters, but on this subject I think you're missing the mark. If USF built a 45K seat OCSit would sell out every game and in my opinion that is better than averaging 55K at Rayjay. As soon as supply is brought down closer to the demand level, there will be a cross-over point at which season ticket demand will explode because of the need to simply have guaranteed access to your favorite games.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

If they're doing a feasibility study I'm betting there is some strong donor interest already... As for a design we should take what FAU did and go bigger. FAU has club areas for those that require it and bench seating for students and average joe fans who just want to support the team and watch football. It's well constructed and built to be expanded.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

To know that they are doing a feasibility study is great news. This NEEDS to happen under the right conditions. Game days on campus would be out of this world. The culture of the university would change dramatically. Hopefully this means we have donors lined up ready to write some checks and some sponsors ready to throw their name up in the stadium. I understand this is still probably 8-10 years out, but hey, this is a step in the right direction.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

If they're doing a feasibility study I'm betting there is some strong donor interest already... As for a design we should take what FAU did and go bigger. FAU has club areas for those that require it and bench seating for students and average joe fans who just want to support the team and watch football. It's well constructed and built to be expanded.

Agree 100%

ET, you're one of my favorite posters, but on this subject I think you're missing the mark. If USF built a 45K seat OCSit would sell out every game and in my opinion that is better than averaging 55K at Rayjay. As soon as supply is brought down closer to the demand level, there will be a cross-over point at which season ticket demand will explode because of the need to simply have guaranteed access to your favorite games.

Exactly.

To know that they are doing a feasibility study is great news. This NEEDS to happen under the right conditions. Game days on campus would be out of this world. The culture of the university would change dramatically. Hopefully this means we have donors lined up ready to write some checks and some sponsors ready to throw their name up in the stadium. I understand this is still probably 8-10 years out, but hey, this is a step in the right direction.

Ill take whatever we can get. I would love a college version of lambeau field personally. Simple, one single bowl(which I think is important personally).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I just like this conversation!

I agree about the 45K and reason. Build up that demand.

I think with the long time Club Members, we would have a stadium with similar amenities on one side maybe. Sideline seats would be chair backs and armrests. End Zone would be bench seating.

When it's a "Go", think it would be a 5 year plan. Thus, we could increase season tix fast.

Future expansion would be dictated by Club or regular seating demand.

Agree that when it's built, the atmosphere will be unmeasurable !

Preference? Bowl or Open Ends/Horse Shoe

I say Bowl

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Bowl.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Wonder how many go there?

Over 5,000 students according to Wikipedia.

Some towns in TX are built around the local HS, usually the HS football team is like the Kentucky Derby to Louisville, KY. Remember the movie Varsity Blues? That's not too far off ...

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

needs to be minnesota / bayloresque

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

Bowl. No doubt. Open ends looks tacky as hell and unfinished. It would obviously be unfinished when first built lol but still. Not a fan.