• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats Bulls/ USF Dept a bunch of BS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game and I stormed the court.  We went to the stairs because no one wanted to break any of the equipment in press row.  And we had to wait for Charlotte to get off the court because we were entering in their exit.  I'm guessing we could have stormed the court right after the game on the other side.

Maybe during renovations they can make it easier to storm the court.  Going to be a lot more opportunities next year.

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

there was no security surrounding the court, it was one cop holding us off till the charlotte players and staff cleared the court

From that I gather that there wasn't a mad rush to "storm" the court. STORM 1. a sudden heavy influx or onset 2. a tumultuous outburst

The fact that they were held back by one cop or a limited security function means there was no storming at all...now if the crowd found ways to circumvent or ignore existing ways of keeping fans off the court I can see where you could say they "stormed" the court. If you want to storm the court, then grow a set and do it.

Maybe during renovations they can make it easier to storm the court.

Now that's funny.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

just because we were held off from storming the court by a cop until the charlotte team left the court doesn't mean we didn't storm the court.  once their team left, we were allowed onto the court, we just had to wait like 2 minutes

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

I had a great time storming the court and I was glad the team came back to celebrate with us....I can't wait to see some of the pictures that were taken because this is one I know I am going to cherrish for a while

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

MM,

You really had to be at the game to get a good understanding of how it went down. Anyway, the security did the right thing by making them wait until Charlotte was off the floor. There was a cluster of fans at center court that soon had the team joining them then more fans just jumped over the railings near press row. Anyway, mulheap does bring up a good point at making the renovations more fan friendly. Maybe make the stairs down to the court located near the USF bench to make it easier to storm the court, or maybe just switch the student section side with the Green Jacket side because it will get the fans away from the opposing teams. Duke and Pitt have student sections set up like that, and it makes for a great enviroment IMO.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I agree storm it or don't.  Waiting 2 minutes after a game is over is not "storming".  I had a cop next to me at the Bowling Green game at RJS, looked me right in the eye and said "if you do it you'll be arrested.".  I said OK.  As soon as the clock hit 0:00 I jumped the rail.  Funny thing was I didn't get arrested.  Heck most schools don' wait for the game to even end before they go out.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

From a few observers who were close to the situation, I was told our ol buddy ol pal Tom Veit (Sheriffs best friend) was the one sitting there plotting how to keep everyone from storming when the clock hit zero. I'll bet that was another one his marketing techniques he was using.  

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I wish I could have been there to go over the rails... I personally wouldn't have waited. I watched UNC fans and OSU fans pour onto the court right at the end... there was no waiting... welcome to the world of the have's and have nots. One day maybe we'll get to the point where things are automatic and spontaneous...

A great win for the seniors, RMC, and the fans that showed up. Wish I could have been there!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

The thing is this. They said we COULD rush the floor, only after the opposing team left, AND if we didn't jump the rails. But, at the ONLY points where you could get to the floor, Security was in full force. Hence a learning situation. Either jump the rails and chance arrest or injury, or plot a little better at the only three areas of entry. OR don't have EVERYONE at once leave their seat. Find a way to get downstairs and rush at the locker room entrances. Better planning = better results. Rest assured, safety is a concern. Yours trully can't wait for the day to be able to rush again. But better days and more rehab will do it for me. Here's looking for our first Big East rush for football season.   Reaper

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

or maybe just switch the student section side with the Green Jacket side because it will get the fans away from the opposing teams. Duke and Pitt have student sections set up like that, and it makes for a great enviroment IMO.

great idea