• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF considered a 'peasant' of college football??

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

LMAO at Syracuse being on the Knights list. What a joke. I guess it's because of their "upwardly mobile" status.

Syracuse does hold the title of the last team outside the SEC and outside the state of Florida to beat uf.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

LMAO at Syracuse being on the Knights list. What a joke. I guess it's because of their "upwardly mobile" status.

Syracuse does hold the title of the last team outside the SEC and outside the state of Florida to beat uf.

In the regular season .... and that's probably because they were that last team outside the SEC and outside the state of Florida that UF played in the regular season.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

In the regular season .... and that's probably because they were that last team outside the SEC and outside the state of Florida that UF played in the regular season.

Exactly, uf has not played anyone out of the state/conference/bowl since.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Our national perception is mediocre, and until we win the Big East on a consistent basis, this won't change. Our annual face plants in conference play have completely eroded the good that came from those key out-of-conference victories.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Based on the tone of the article and the peasant title, I would have preferred not be named at all.

Also very negative on the BE. Is SI owned by ESPN?

It's hard to be anything else, isn't it?

I am a half glass full type of guy. I would prefer to be optimistic and hope that the addition of BSU, SMU, Houston, etc. will benefit the BE. The BE has always been in the bottom of the barrell out of the BCS conferences, but thought the tone overall was aggressively negative.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201

What the effhas fsu and UM done in 5 yrs? Both lost to usfand neither was good but both are kings. USF has been top 40 something and do not make it. Dude did. No research and did his own bs choice. Effin media. Are lame. No more journalistic integrity.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

What the effhas fsu and UM done in 5 yrs? Both lost to usfand neither was good but both are kings. USF has been top 40 something and do not make it. Dude did. No research and did his own bs choice. Effin media. Are lame. No more journalistic integrity.

You didn't read what his criteria was :

As a refresher: The goal here is not to rank programs based on winning percentage, national championships, bowl wins or any other quantitative measure, though those things undoubtedly matter. As I wrote in '07, a national power carries "... a certain cachet or aura. It's the way a program is perceived by the public. Let me put it to you this way. Suppose we went to, say, Montana. And suppose we found 100 'average' college football fans (not necessarily message-board crazies, but not twice-a-year viewers, either) and put them in a room. If I held up a Michigan helmet, my guess is all 100 would know exactly what it was. ... But if I held up a Georgia 'G' helmet, how many of them do you think would be able to identify it off the top of their heads?"

Based on that, it's hard to argue with most of his classifications ...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Talk about unfair. A program 15 years old. Already beating the 'Barons' and 'Knights' of this list on their home fields??

Go get em guys: http://sportsillustr...p&sct=hp_t11_a0

I think this is more about perception then reality. I mean look at FSU and Miami. Nothing to write home about for them in the last 10 years but they have the NCs to back them up.

Princeton has 28 NC's. FSU has 9 and UM has 8. WTF does the past have to do with the present? Tommorow is more important than either of the other 2.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Syracuse has the same national perception as Stanford? Stanford is arguably considered the second best brand in the PAC-12, they belong in at least the Baron category.

Yes they do because this movie brought back to the forefront Syracuse's rich football history.

the-express.jpg

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

in light of the fact that the best football players play in the shadow of usf and usf hasnt capitalized on that is more than enough evidence of our failure as a program

it is shocking that usf hasnt dominated the area in recruiting

neither leavitt or holtz were good salesmen