• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flights for Temple as low as $117

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Mods - I know this belongs in the travel forum, but the deal is only valid today, so if possible, can you leave on the main board for a day before moving to the travel forum (so more people might see it).

Spirit sent me a $50 off code (the code is 50OFF with OFF in all caps). The code will only work today.

They fly Tampa to Atlantic City non-stop ..... and Atlantic City is close to Philly and honestly, many fans will stay there for the Temple game anyways.

With that code (and date flexibility, I got the fare down to $117 .... you don't see the $50 coming off the price until the screen where you pay, so when you see fares on the other screens, remember you final price will be $50 cheaper.) Even if you aren't date flexible, it is easy to book under $150 with this code.

Now let me tell you why I won't book this deal for me......

#1 Spirit is a very un-customer friendly airline. Everything costs, including using the overhead bins, so unless you can pack all you need in a backpack, there will be more fees. and don't get me started about the legroom.

#2 Renting a car in Atlantic City will cost more than renting a car in Philly .... got to consider this into the deal.

Also - for those unaware. ... Atlantic City is not like Vegas in terms of hotel rooms ... they are not cheap,

Good parts of the deal other than the price ... is the fact that it is a non-stop flight.

Think of this as a great deal for the backpacking hostel sort of crowd. The deal isn't for everyone ... but it is a great deal for some of our fans and I wanted to share so that we can have as many Bulls fans in the stands as possible.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Good deal. Has Tampa to Philly really gotten that much more expensive?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468

Good deal. Has Tampa to Philly really gotten that much more expensive?

The everyday prices are up on all routes. The airlines have done a great job reducing capacity.

Last night I booked my wife and me for a wedding in Indy.... normally a route I can get for $185 ish.... I had to book into Louisville for $221 each .... I had been watching it for a couple months, waiting for a sale, it just never came.... we got under a month to the wedding and I just had to book.....

I think there will be sales to Philly later, and I will share .... but this was a good enough deal that it deserved to be shared.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187

Hey Mike-

We're planning on flying in to DC (flight is/was $180 RT from Tampa), spending the day there and taking MegaBus for a few $ up to Philly. Direct flights to Philly were crazy.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I just flew into phl a couple weeks ago and the people at hertz in phl have to be some of the dumbest people I have dealt with in my life.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754

I've used Megabus from Philly to DC. Megabus picks up right at Union Station now (if you're wondering). I believe we got our tickets on Megabus for $5. Dirt cheap... I might fly into DC to see my folks and then Megabus up to Philly as well. I can't remember how close the Philly Megabus station is to the stadium though. I have family in Jersey that live right there... looks like they are going to go to a football game with me.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Enterprise had a good group of people in Philly.....

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187

All,

Try flying into BWI (Baltimore). Southwest has loads of flights that are much cheaper than flying in/out of PHL (Philly). It's a very easy ride N on 95 about 90 miles to Philly. I'll be glad to answer any questions about Philly area travel.

Looking forward a great weekend in Philly!

Go Bulls!

We're looking for a hotel in an 'active' part of downtown. Any recommendations?

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

southwest out of orlando has lots of flights for 110 - 130 dollars each . stay at an airport hotel and take a cab to the stadium

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

That's a good price to go. Hopefully we get a good turnout