• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eric Mayes, DE, Booker HS, Sarasota, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

He made his announcement on the 20th when he committed to USF. He then recruited his friend Derrick Calloway who committed the following day. If he flips to MIZZOU it sucks but he is also a candidate to get shot down by the Academic Committee here at USF. But he made his announcement 2 weeks ago...

I wouldn't give this nut material...Mayes committed.  He'll come or he won't...but he'll live with the consequences, good or bad.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

Not meant to taunt in any way. Just thought you would appreciate the passing along of information. As recruiting is a national game, much of the news on our own recruits has broken first from outside sources as well.

Edited by TlGERBLOOD

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Not meant to taunt in any way. Just thought you would appreciate the passing along of information. As recruiting is a national game, much of the news on our own recruits has broken first from outside sources as well.

I'm impressed that Mizzou is trying to steal our recruits.  We've moved up in the world.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Losing commits to two different SEC schools in a single season. Is that some kind of new record for us?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

I didn't know staff were allowed to talk about recruits ;)

Also I'd like to hear it from the kid he was blown away. Got any links for all this info?

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Would hate to lose this kid, he seems like he has a lot of upside and could play right away. The DE's I have really liked all have gone elsewhere with Gaither DE Suttles(sp?) who looked ready to play as a Frosh and Malik Brown who I hope changes his mind after watching an interview. He seems like a team player, good attitude, well spoken and has talent to play right away. What shocks me is that no one is talking about our lack of depth at LB. We have none and two of our starters are the size of BCS SS's, I'm hoping with an NFL caliber coaching staff on D they'll be able to reevaluate our players and put them at their correct position. Otherwise they'll have to be very creative although we are loaded with talented athletes that could play multiple positions so its not out of the question. 

What really shocks me is how we have to tell kids no b/c of our academic committee but then they get accepted by other BCS schools? I know our graduate program's are top notch but I'd think we are on par with most BCS schools in terms of acceptance for undergrad. What gives?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman To be clear, Sarasota Booker defensive end Eric Mayes says he remains firmly committed to USF and has not taken any visits elsewhere.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman To be clear, Sarasota Booker defensive end Eric Mayes says he remains firmly committed to USF and has not taken any visits elsewhere.

Who knows what to believe. Scout & ESPN show him taking officials to Mizzou, but the dates differ.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/165576/eric-mayes

These sites have a lot of info, but could be stale. The best part? Scout shows Mayes as a lowly 2 star.  ESPN has him a 4 star, ESPN 300 player.  Huge disparity.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Who knows what to believe. Scout & ESPN show him taking officials to Mizzou, but the dates differ.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/165576/eric-mayes

These sites have a lot of info, but could be stale. The best part? Scout shows Mayes as a lowly 2 star.  ESPN has him a 4 star, ESPN 300 player.  Huge disparity.

I hear you, but hopefully Greg has talked with him recently (like within the last day or two). Who knows. Wednesday can't come soon enough.