• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is getting trendy again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

One of my biggest concerns is the Reno trap. Going from Sea Level to mile high Reno to play is no mean feat. I moved from TPA to Golden CO, almost the exact elevation change right after college, and was in pretty good athletic shape(played club soccer at USF). Man it took me 4-5 days to get acclimated. That compounded with the flights out and back are gonna be extremely difficult for this team. Then prepping for a huge Thursday night against Rutroh? If they pull it off, I am going to tip my fedora to our conditioning program, because that will be the best conditioned team USF has ever seen.

Hopefully we get a few days of practice there.

It's almost worse after a couple of days. The oxygen starvation start to really confuse your body and that's what causes altitude sickness. I would rather land em the night before, full of oxygen, keep bottles on the sideline. and get em out of there ASAP after the game(back to oxygen on the plane).

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

One of my biggest concerns is the Reno trap. Going from Sea Level to mile high Reno to play is no mean feat. I moved from TPA to Golden CO, almost the exact elevation change right after college, and was in pretty good athletic shape(played club soccer at USF). Man it took me 4-5 days to get acclimated. That compounded with the flights out and back are gonna be extremely difficult for this team. Then prepping for a huge Thursday night against Rutroh? If they pull it off, I am going to tip my fedora to our conditioning program, because that will be the best conditioned team USF has ever seen.

I think that conditioning took a huge hit when Ron McKeefery went to Tennessee. He is recognized on the national level as one of the best conditioning coaches in college football.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I keep forgetting how the Big East screwed us there. This conference has no love for us.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I keep forgetting how the Big East screwed us there. This conference has no love for us.

Yeah, well imagine Boise St players coming to Florida's heat and humidity. While it does get hot out there the humidity in the summer is usually 30-40%,

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think you can fault the Big East on this.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

We also made the agreement to do a home and home so we were potentially setting ourselves up for this. I don't think it's the BE fault. ESPN pushed the Rutgers game to Thu

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The conference probably loves us right now. We have more upside than pretty much anyone who's left, with the exception of Louisville. Right now, as far as scheduling goes, the BE is taking what they can get for maximum exposure. ESPN is the one who's screwing us with the Rutgers game.

Who moved the game to Thursday?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

That was already answered in a reply above. ESPN initiated it.

I keep forgetting how the Big East and ESPN screwed us there. This conference has no love for us.

That was already answered in a reply above. ESPN initiated it.

There, I fixed it.