• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has recruiting got lackluster since Levitt left????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think he meant couldn't.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

leavitt could sell the locals and neither did holtz

now with usf dropping down in class usf football will be uneventful

Lets break down this post.

"Leavitt COULD sell the local kids" translation, he recruited well in the local area.

"and neither did Holtz". translation, he did not not recruit well in the local area?

Could and Neither in the same sentence?

How is that possible?

I know it's smazza, but this one is a doozy.

Well he is a lawyer, and he writes like he's Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Too funny!

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Last year we had one of the best recruiting classes of all time, although it was small it had a lot of big names in it. This year we have a 4 star RB and QB and possibly a 5 star in Hargraeves coming in... and we recently had SuperBull with almost any and all top talent in Tampa there. Recruiting is going much better than expect to be honest considering we had a 1-6 BE season last year.

Agree with this.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Didn't mean to get the board in a uproar, but I have spoken with Josh Grady, who was been recruited by USF as a DB. And I remember them not offering him a chance to play QB, and was a main reason he didn't sign with USF, and a guy like that could have possibly help recruit other member on his team and in tampa. That was my opinion earlier, and only a opinion, but the talent there were getting from around the bay area, didi help build the program.

Well, USF was HONEST with him, unlike MANY other schools. We also could have LIED to him. But, I do agree that landing him, in particular, could have swayed other players to USF.

I think we are starting to see Coach Holtz and Co.'s efforts pay dividends. In the long run his style of honesty and integrity will pay off for USF. Reputations are developed very quickly and if you promise the world to everyone, it will come back to bite you in the end. I personally feel like Coach Holtz and the other coaches and staff are doing a very good job at recruiting; especially factoring in the mess of a conference we are in, and coming off a terrible conference record.

Edited by BullFan98

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I think he meant couldn't.

I know, I was being sarcastic.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

No about the same for recruiting.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

I know the talent improved since joining the Big East, but I noticed since Levitt left, local talent are not even interested in USF. Just watched film of 7 on 7 team with bay area players, win a national tourney over at IMG in bradenton. And out of the 20 something player, USF only targeted 2 player, and that was the same thing as last year.

Not even close too accurate. USF has targeted most of those players. Hargreaves, Sherit, McQuay, R. Benjamin, one of the Griffin's, Nigel Harris, Nate Godwin, Bailey, A. Scott, T. Johnson were/are all on USF's board. In addition USF has shown interest in Z. Benjamin, DiNovo, and the other Griffin.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Boy, this thread, is the dogs breakfast of English Grammar. It's kind of painful, but I am sure some illiterate will now come and accuse me of being the "grammar police". Georgia, what are you up to? I kid, I keeed.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

From growing up and playing in Miami/Broward there is a since of pride about playing in that area knowing your going up against the best of the best(a lot of the best kids don't even make it out of high school b/c either grades or jail). Schnelly basically ingrained it into most SFLA players and from then on there was a bond made between players to want to keep SFLA/Miami relevant. Plus it doesn't hurt when you have south beach a few miles away and are treated like kings. As well as it's a private school w/ kids that are loaded and can afford to throw epic parties and attract famous celebs that the players can meet. As for Tampa there is a lot of great talent just like the rest of Florida but they want to branch out and get the whole college experience. Where as in Miami they want to stay close to what they know, ex. Willie Wiliams goes to Gainesville and Louisville and still can't bring the ghetto out of him and throws away a possible NFL career.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Recruiting hasn't got better . . .

All that matters is the wins during the season, last year was a big disappointment. Need a Great Season.

Go BULLS !!!