• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Badet, Freedom HS, Orlando, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Important talking about these guys in high school at the same point as JB. You watching film vs watching a player in actual games vs 4 and 5 star D-1 commits is two totally different things. Could careless for you being impressed with Jeff your opinion is what it is "yours" surely there are many others of have and have had an opinion of a particular player contrary to yours didn't make um right or wrong because people like you are often proven wrong in time. There are those analyst who break down film and evaluate teams for a living and try to pick the winner of a game sat or sun and uf they were to bet the house on it they would be homeless every week.. My opinion seeing him play last three years he's a dominant rec no-one knows for reasons i took my son out of that same school.

Ah, what an incredibly polite and roundabout way of saying "You don't know what you're talking about and you're not very good at what you do, and I came to that conclusion primarily because I do not agree with you on this topic". Classy.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423

Important talking about these guys in high school at the same point as JB. You watching film vs watching a player in actual games vs 4 and 5 star D-1 commits is two totally different things. Could careless for you being impressed with Jeff your opinion is what it is "yours" surely there are many others of have and have had an opinion of a particular player contrary to yours didn't make um right or wrong because people like you are often proven wrong in time. There are those analyst who break down film and evaluate teams for a living and try to pick the winner of a game sat or sun and uf they were to bet the house on it they would be homeless every week.. My opinion seeing him play last three years he's a dominant rec no-one knows for reasons i took my son out of that same school.

Ah, what an incredibly polite and roundabout way of saying "You don't know what you're talking about and you're not very good at what you do, and I came to that conclusion primarily because I do not agree with you on this topic". Classy.

Nothing to do with that my point is validated all those players are totally different in size speed and are not all together consistent with any particular set of uniform standards like Tebow but are all in the NFL or have been which is the ultimate goal of most football players. When the lights come on you can satisfy all of your demands in a players profile but doesn't mean squat if he can't produce!!"" So what is it good for? Maybe your jargon will impress someone on the board making you feel significant but when you put it where the goats can get it it only and i mean only your opinion buddy no more valuable than any others. You should know also when I post its in general terms not to you specifically so no you don't have to respond to me concerning anyone let your opinion be what it is and everyone else's be there's. I say this because you specifically told me you're not impressed with Jeff as if i am attempting to persuade you otherwise. Not so but I am his #1 fan...

• Upvote 2

Important talking about these guys in high school at the same point as JB. You watching film vs watching a player in actual games vs 4 and 5 star D-1 commits is two totally different things. Could careless for you being impressed with Jeff your opinion is what it is "yours" surely there are many others of have and have had an opinion of a particular player contrary to yours didn't make um right or wrong because people like you are often proven wrong in time. There are those analyst who break down film and evaluate teams for a living and try to pick the winner of a game sat or sun and uf they were to bet the house on it they would be homeless every week.. My opinion seeing him play last three years he's a dominant rec no-one knows for reasons i took my son out of that same school. In other words in my opinion you mentioning your occupation gives you nomore credibility than anyone else on this board and you have made sure to qualify yourself talking about your NFL evals several times. Its not necessary to preface your opinions with that statement as if it validates you in some way.JMO !! I speak on what I have experienced in person concerning JB not YouTube film.

I don't understand someone who critiques a high school kid to the standard of an NFL player or college player entering the draft. makes no sense and profits nothing duh they have never been exposed to that level of training. For all high school kids you do not have to be someone else's definition of you. strivers achieve what dreamers believe press on young men press on...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think you guys should have a beer at a game, probably would find you have a lot of things you do agree on.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Orlando Freedom WR Jeff Badet says Louisville is his leader

, , By Brendan Sonnone | Orlando Sentinel,

1:31 p.m. EST, July 3

Orlando Freedom wide out Jeff Badet received an influx of scholarship offers during spring practice. Now that he has taken the time to assess his seven FBS offers, he said he is comfortable naming a favorite.

“Louisville is standing high, actually No. 1 right now,†Badet said. “Terrence Ross [Apopka Wekiva safety and Louisville commit] said he went there, fell in love. He had already committed, but he said he went there and fell in love even more. The coaches are cool, the atmosphere, the people love football. I guess me and him are going to take our official visit together. And we’ll just see how it goes.â€

Ads by Google

pixel.gif

While Louisville is the clear-cut leader for Badet (5-11, 170) at this time, Boston College and FIU are not far behind.

Badet said Boston College’s coaching staff tells him he has the ability to play as a freshman. His teammate, two-way lineman Kevin Maurice, is also helping Boston College keep pace.

“Of course Big Mac [Maurice] wants me to go to school with him,†Badet said. “I guess he wants to go to Boston College, but I don’t know yet. He wants me and him to go to the same school.â€

Badet intends to take official visits to Louisville and Boston College.

FIU is a school that Badet has already visited on numerous occasions and the Golden Panthers still appear to be in the mix.

“FIU is recruiting me really, really hard,†Badet said. “Every time I go there, the coaches treat me good. I talk to Coach Cristobal from time to time.â€

Ranked No. 27 on the Sentinel’s 2013 Central Florida Super60 list, Badet also has offers from Marshall, Memphis, Bowling Green and Western Kentucky, along with several Division I-AA programs.

UCF and USF have also displayed interest.

“If they offered, they’d most definitely be in the top three,†Badet said. “They’d move up. We’ll just see how it goes through the season.â€

I think you guys should have a beer at a game, probably would find you have a lot of things you do agree on.

*1 make it two

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

I think the biggest plus here is that he has a comfort level with what we hope is our QB of the future. If he has the ability to play at the D1 level then this comfort will do nothing but help the development of both players. When USF lands a stud 4 or 5 star recruit it gives them the inside track to the 4 and 5 star recruits he is friends with. We need to take advantage of this and it will allow us to continue landing these studs.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think the biggest plus here is that he has a comfort level with what we hope is our QB of the future. If he has the ability to play at the D1 level then this comfort will do nothing but help the development of both players. When USF lands a stud 4 or 5 star recruit it gives them the inside track to the 4 and 5 star recruits he is friends with. We need to take advantage of this and it will allow us to continue landing these studs.

there's an awful lot of stud's in that comment.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not saying this kid can't run a TRUE 4.3 forty but it is very rare that an athlete even at the NFL level can. Coaches, recruiters, etc. can't acurately time a kid in the forty b/c there is human error and that's not even considering the conditions. I just have a problem when I hear kids saying they can run a 4.3 forty b/c it is not something that common. In my opinion its a pointless stat unless your looking for a KR/PR where the player will be running North/South at full speed. Although even then it can be debunked, see Desean Jackson, but one that does fall in line would be Devin Hester who can run a true 4.3. Usually the 100 meters is the best way to guage a KR as top end speed is what will standout with players that can run sub 10sec 100meters. The only time it really comes into play is with CB's b/c they can make up lost ground, were S's can use angles to make up ground. Sorry about the rant its just something that would always bother me when I hear people saying they can run a true 4.3(which is the time every athlete wants to run, although you can find a very select few that can run sub 4.3 but they usually have track backgrounds).

I agree with the statement about bringing in someone that wants it compared to talent as M. Raymond is a perfect ex. of that and I hope he proves everyone wrong at the next level as well. We have seen more than enough supposed top tier talent come and go and I don't have a problem w/ that but I do if we are playing a kid based on that. Recruiting is a hit or miss game except for measureables but to me the most important thing is their intelligence(football IQ), motivation and love for the game and school. Those kids will work as hard as it is necessary to make up for their weaknesses. Where the ones that are given everything and courted get spoiled and think their violation doesn't stink. If he really wants to play here than I hope we offer him b/c it will be worth the risk.