• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Badet, Freedom HS, Orlando, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

So Jeff. is tomorrow, the big day? Come on, we are all pulling for you. Bull, Bull, Bull......

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I want a guy that wants to be here. :-)

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I want a guy that wants to be here. :-)

And his mom. LOL

Jeff Badet

@jbadet_4

Just trying to make my mom happy.

Orlando, Fl

Here's to hoping we hear something good from Jeff.

Edited by Triple B
To remove content no longer needed.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-jeff-badet-will-commit-to-usf-on-birthday-20120723,0,4913698.story

Orlando Freedom WR Jeff Badet will likely commit to USF on 18th birthday

Orlando Freedom receiver Jeff Badet lists USF as his top school right now and he will announce his college commitment on his birthday, August 2. (CHRIS HAYS / ORLANDO SENTINEL / July 23, 2012)

By Brendan Sonnone | Orlando Sentinel

10:06 p.m. EDT, July 23, 2012

Orlando Freedom wide receiver Jeff Badet plans on announcing his commitment on his birthday, which is Aug. 2.

Barring any significant changes to his recruitment, Badet will likely choose USF.

“Right now, it’d probably be USF,†Badet said. “I’ll see how it goes on my birthday.â€

The Bulls offered Badet (5-11, 170) — ranked No. 27 on the Sentinel’s 2013 Central Florida Super60 list — a scholarship in mid-July, catapulting USF to the top of his leaderboard past Boston College, FIU and Louisville, which was previously his favorite school.

“I was excited for sure,†Badet said. “… USF is a really good program. I’ve been down there a couple times … I feel like I can go in and be a good player from the start and start as a true freshman. I like how they run a spread offense. I think I can get the ball a lot as a slot receiver because that creates mismatches.â€

Badet excelled as a primary target out of the slot for the Patriots last year when he had 46 receptions for 718 yards and seven touchdowns.

USF had been targeting the speedy receiver for some time and decided to finally extend an offer after he performed well in June’s Super Bull, USF’s individual camp for recruits.

“[uSF offensive coordinator Todd Fitch] Coach Fitch told me that they had three receivers that they were looking at and that I was one of those three receivers,†Badet said. “What they were going to do was evaluate film of the Super Bull and see what receivers they really liked. I’m guessing I was the receiver that they liked. Coach Fitch said I was the only receiver there that they gave an offer to.â€

A big factor for Badet’s interest in the Bulls is his relationship with USF commit and Winter Park quarterback Asiantii Woulard.

Woulard and Badet developed a close bond when they were part of a stellar wide receiver trifecta with 2013 wide out Lee ‘The General’ Grant at Freedom before Woulard transferred to Winter Park last year and was made into a full-time quarterback.

“It really does feel good that if I do make that decision to go to USF, that I’d have somebody there that I’m really close with,†Badet said. “I’d probably say that’s one of the main reasons why I have USF at the top.â€

With his 18th birthday approaching, Badet has all but said that he will definitely commit to the Bulls on Aug 2.

The only way that will possibly change is if hometown UCF enters the picture, and that timetable appears to be a little soon for UCF, as the Knights wait to see how things will turn out with Armwood star Alvin Bailey.

UCF will likely only take one more receiver in this class, having already earned a commitment from Tampa Bay Tech's Richard Benjamin. The Knights signed three 2012 receivers in February — Drico Johnson (Orlando Agape Christian), Taylor Oldham (South Daytona Warner Christian) and Darin Owi (Miami Norland).

“If they pull the trigger, things will get kind of hectic,†Badet said of UCF. “They sent me a hand-written letter in the mail, so I have to go down there one of these days, spend time with the coaches and see what they say about me.

“USF is my No. 1 right now. I would say USF is definitely No. 1 and Louisville is far down at two.â€

http://www.orlandose...0,4913698.story

Orlando Freedom WR Jeff Badet will likely commit to USF on 18th birthday

Orlando Freedom receiver Jeff Badet lists USF as his top school right now and he will announce his college commitment on his birthday, August 2. (CHRIS HAYS / ORLANDO SENTINEL / July 23, 2012)

By Brendan Sonnone | Orlando Sentinel

10:06 p.m. EDT, July 23, 2012

Orlando Freedom wide receiver Jeff Badet plans on announcing his commitment on his birthday, which is Aug. 2.

Barring any significant changes to his recruitment, Badet will likely choose USF.

“Right now, it’d probably be USF,†Badet said. “I’ll see how it goes on my birthday.â€

The Bulls offered Badet (5-11, 170) — ranked No. 27 on the Sentinel’s 2013 Central Florida Super60 list — a scholarship in mid-July, catapulting USF to the top of his leaderboard past Boston College, FIU and Louisville, which was previously his favorite school.

“I was excited for sure,†Badet said. “… USF is a really good program. I’ve been down there a couple times … I feel like I can go in and be a good player from the start and start as a true freshman. I like how they run a spread offense. I think I can get the ball a lot as a slot receiver because that creates mismatches.â€

Badet excelled as a primary target out of the slot for the Patriots last year when he had 46 receptions for 718 yards and seven touchdowns.

USF had been targeting the speedy receiver for some time and decided to finally extend an offer after he performed well in June’s Super Bull, USF’s individual camp for recruits.

“[uSF offensive coordinator Todd Fitch] Coach Fitch told me that they had three receivers that they were looking at and that I was one of those three receivers,†Badet said. “What they were going to do was evaluate film of the Super Bull and see what receivers they really liked. I’m guessing I was the receiver that they liked. Coach Fitch said I was the only receiver there that they gave an offer to.â€

A big factor for Badet’s interest in the Bulls is his relationship with USF commit and Winter Park quarterback Asiantii Woulard.

Woulard and Badet developed a close bond when they were part of a stellar wide receiver trifecta with 2013 wide out Lee ‘The General’ Grant at Freedom before Woulard transferred to Winter Park last year and was made into a full-time quarterback.

“It really does feel good that if I do make that decision to go to USF, that I’d have somebody there that I’m really close with,†Badet said. “I’d probably say that’s one of the main reasons why I have USF at the top.â€

With his 18th birthday approaching, Badet has all but said that he will definitely commit to the Bulls on Aug 2.

The only way that will possibly change is if hometown UCF enters the picture, and that timetable appears to be a little soon for UCF, as the Knights wait to see how things will turn out with Armwood star Alvin Bailey.

UCF will likely only take one more receiver in this class, having already earned a commitment from Tampa Bay Tech's Richard Benjamin. The Knights signed three 2012 receivers in February — Drico Johnson (Orlando Agape Christian), Taylor Oldham (South Daytona Warner Christian) and Darin Owi (Miami Norland).

“If they pull the trigger, things will get kind of hectic,†Badet said of UCF. “They sent me a hand-written letter in the mail, so I have to go down there one of these days, spend time with the coaches and see what they say about me.

“USF is my No. 1 right now. I would say USF is definitely No. 1 and Louisville is far down at two.â€

Glad to hear we are up there for Jeff, sad to hear he is considering UCF, who is making him wait for Bailey. Hope he sees the mistake of being a choice down the list when we added him to an already deep list of WR offers.