• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ACC signs with Orange Bowl...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

The Big 12 (8) has a long history with the Orange Bowl, and certainly could supply them with a very desirable team on an annual basis. The BE is toast!!

A middle of the pack team from a Great Plains conference-with no Florida (or even southeastern or East Coast, for that matter)

members-is the best non-ACC option for the Orange Bowl in (Miami) south Florida?

The Mountaineers are an Eastern team, and

they travel well no matter where they are playing....Miami is a great destination for a bowl game Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, and Nebraska would all draw well.

1. West Virginia is a nice university, but it is out of the region, not in a significant market (much less an Atlantic coast one). Mountaineers have a solid disapora, but it doesn't mean they are the national brand to convince a major and distant bowl to include a conference alone. A bowl in Miami needs a guaranteed representative recognized as an elite national brand, if not a major market-preferably on the east coast.

2. Do you really expect Oklahoma and/or Texas to finish fifth or sixth in conference on a regular basis? And if they did, they would start to lose their appeal anyways.

3. Oklahoma State is a nice university, but they are very distant, in a small market, and are not widely accepted as a national brand. I actually wouldn't expect them to bring any more fans to Miami than USF and UCF would.

4. Nebraska is no longer in the Big 12, they are now in the Big 10.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

if BE teams get slotted out of top matchups, then they simply have to win against the 2/3/4 teams from big 5. do enough of that and respect will come.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

The Big 12 (8) has a long history with the Orange Bowl, and certainly could supply them with a very desirable team on an annual basis. The BE is toast!!

yea 20 years ago.

I guess the orange can take big 12 #4 considering their top 1(or even 2) goes to playoffs, then new sec big 12 bowl then fiesta bowl. hell they could get big 12 #5.

January 1, 1990: Notre Dame 21, Colorado 6

January 1, 1991: Colorado 10, Notre Dame 9

January 1, 1992: Miami (FL) 22, Nebraska 0

January 1, 1993: Florida State 27, Nebraska 14

January 1, 1994: Florida State 18, Nebraska 16

January 1, 1995: Nebraska 24, Miami (FL) 17

January 1, 1996: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 26

December 31, 1996: Nebraska 41, Virginia Tech 21

January 2, 1998: Nebraska 42, Tennessee 17

January 2, 1999: Florida 31, Syracuse 10

January 1, 2000: Michigan 35, Alabama 34

January 3, 2001: Oklahoma 13, Florida State 2

January 2, 2002: Florida 56, Maryland 23

January 2, 2003: USC 38, Iowa 17

January 1, 2004: Miami (FL) 16, Florida State14

January 4, 2005: USC 55, Oklahoma 19

January 3, 2006: Penn State 26. Florida State 23

January 2, 2007: Louisville 24, Wake Forest 13

January 3, 2008: Kansas 24, Virginia Tech 21

January 1, 2009: Virginia Tech 20, Cincinnati 7

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The last 2 visits by Oklahoma were the BCS Championshio game, correct?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

The last 2 visits by Oklahoma were the BCS Championshio game, correct?

I believe so, so it wouldn't count. Also, Nebraska and Colorado are no longer in the Big 12.

Other factors to consider: the Big 12 has lost teams and nationally recognized prestige. And, they now have closer and more practical bowl options-including the new Champions Bowl, the

Fiesta Bowl, a probable upgrade to elite status for the Cotton Bowl, and even the 4 team playoff theoretically opening opportunities for the Big 12 compared to the Orange Bowl.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I kinda remember last year when the Big 12 was toast. Does anyone else remember that?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'm surprised no one posted this. The video is proof ND doesn't give a crap about the BE and are only in it for themselves. This should stop the people saying ND will help us with a tie in.

Joe Tessitore and Andre Ware explain how Notre Dame was able to gain a tie-in to the Orange Bowl

http://espn.go.com/b...range-bowl-ties

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I kinda remember last year when the Big 12 was toast. Does anyone else remember that?

I remember it. I also remember reading in school that certain events, like conference realignment, will ALWAYS occur the exact SAME way every time, in perpetuity.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I remember it. I also remember reading in school that certain events, like conference realignment, will ALWAYS occur the exact SAME way every time, in perpetuity.

How can that be true when the world itself is ending this year?!?!?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

With the announcement of the playoffs, things seem to be moving very fast... just read the Orange Bowl signed a contract with the ACC, good possibility the BE could lose that bowl, which would hurt big-time...

why would any big bowl want the big east champ

they would rather have #2 or #3 from a big 5 conference

Edited by smazza