• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keith Kelsey, LB, Gainesville HS, Gainesvile, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

What da H*ll you mean, Bold Text. I don't see no bold text. I see bald Texans, is zat what we talking about heah?

dick-cheney-heart-ailment.jpg

burgess_penguin.jpg

has anyone seen these 2 in the same room at the same time?

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Idk when I replied yesterday my post wasn't bold but now it is bold. Weird.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

We had offered him back in January.Looks like it's USF and Marshall at the top of his list. We need to get some LBs on the board.

Free from Scout. 3-star LB Keith Kelsey visits with USF staff 1079355.jpg

By Keith Kelsey is a standout linebacker from Gainesville HS that comes from great blood lines. The 6-foot-2, 215 pound 3-star prospect recorded164 tackles, four interceptions and forced two fumbles.

Earlier this week Kelsey made a trip down to Tamp for the USF one-day skills camp, but didn’t head down to workout.

“I came to the USF camp but not to work out,†said Kelsey. “I just wanted to visit with the coaches and support my teammates.â€

While on Campus, Kelsey got to meet with the staff including the Bulls new linebacker coach and defensive coordinator Chris Cosh.

“I hung a lot with Coach Cosh, the linebacker coach and defensive coordinator, and that went real well,†said Kelsey. We talked for awhile and I felt like I really got to know him a little bit better and that was a good thing. He told me that he really likes what I do both on and off the field and just to take my time with the recruiting process. “

The 3-star prospect is rated the 49th best middle linebacker by Scout, and is currently up to 10 offers, including South Florida, Duke, Iowa State, Temple, Marshall, Utah and UCF.

“I don’t have a list of favorites, but I have a couple that I like,†said Kelsey. “I’m just going to keep working hard and the rest will take care of itself.â€

Kelsey may not have a list of favorites but said he has a high interest in USF.

“I like USF a lot,†said Kelsey. “Two of my teammates are going here. Chris Bivins is already here and Tashon Whitehurst just arrived and that has a lot to do with it.â€

“I really like the campus and the facilities are just great,†said Kelsey. “It’s a good place to be around and the atmosphere is live, and I like the people here. I like being around the coaches, they’re all energized and are a good bunch of people.â€

Kelsey, whose father played linebacker at Florida, has a connection to the Bulls staff.

“Actually Carl Franks used to coach my dad when he was at Florida,†said Kelsey. “So that’s kind of cool.â€

The Gainesville standout says he plans on going to a few camps plans to be active on the camp front this summer

“I know I’ll go to a few but nothing is set in stone yet,†said Kelsey. “I may go to South Carolina next month.â€

As to when he’ll make his college decision, Kelsey said he doesn’t think he’ll wait until February.

“I’ll probably sometime during the season,†said Kelsey. “ I’ll probably narrow down my list and go from there.â€

Stay tuned with USFNation.com as we keep you updated on Keith Kelsey and the rest of the 2013 recruiting class.

http://southflorida..../2/1197027.html

Idk when I replied yesterday my post wasn't bold but now it is bold. Weird.

nm

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This thread is haunted...

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

School Interest Offer Visit

Duke High Offered None

Iowa St. High Offered None

Louisville High Offered None

South Florida High Offered None

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Keith-Kelsey%20Jr.-116940

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I think he's ours. Looks like a tough kid.

Keith must know, we have some great opportunities opening up at LB after the season. Want to see him make the jump. This one's a keeper.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

After A.J. Klein and Jake Knott, I have a lot of respect for Iowa State's recruiting of linebackers. They come all the way down to Florida for him...maybe they've got something.

After A.J. Klein and Jake Knott, I have a lot of respect for Iowa State's recruiting of linebackers. They come all the way down to Florida for him...maybe they've got something.

Uh Oh, it's the dreaded bold thread again.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Wally Burnham does a lot of recruiting down here.