• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RB Tarean Folston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

"It's looking like a date has been set for Top247 RB Tarean Folston to come visit Notre Dame. South Florida is also firmly in the mix."

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

The #1 team in the country and one of the top 2 teams in the PAC-12? Yeah, we're going to be in a fight and I would be thrilled if we beat both of them.

Fortunately...

USF 23, Notre Dame 20.

'

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

ND already has Greg Bryant and Jamel James.

Oregon already has Thomas Tyner and Dontre Wilson.

We don't have anyone at this point. Tarean would be right up front for playing time in an offense that features a strong running game.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I just saw his film and he is a very solid back and would love to land him. I really like how he hits the holes, he makes a cut and then runs north/south. Which is very important in a RB, he also showed nice break away speed although that can sometimes be misleading against certain competition. If its similar to when I was playing Cocoa played some good traditional competition in the Daytona area so that should validate his top end speed. He also seems like he knows when to cut/juke/breakdown a player or run over them(making sure pad level is lower and momentum in his favor). I like Jojo but think Folston is the better APB although with CWT I can see him utilizing Jojo's strengths as a slot back or even running a wishbone.

I think CWT(Harbaugh tree) gets it, you play to win and if that means you run the ball 50 times then so be it or starting a younger player over a vet b/c he gives you the best chance to win then thats what matters(team game). I've seen most of the top FL RB's on video and from what I've seen Collins is clear cut #1(flat out on another level nationwide) but Folston is a top 3 back in FL. I know Collins is not being realistic even though I think CWT would allow him to flourish here but think Folston would be the next best choice for us. I would love to see him and Jojo come in and push each other as well as allow us to run multiple packages and take advantage of our athletes. Something we haven't done and has really bothered me considering the athletic ability some of these kids we bring in have(Shaw prime ex.).

As for all the conference realignment BS and playing for a NC, these kids shouldn't focus on something that is ultimately out of their control. Only two teams play for it every year out of 130(?) so do the math and you will realize it takes a lot more than one player or even playing in a great conference to get the opportunity to play in that game and statistically you probably never will. Your most important goal should be to improve yourself as a person both academically and athletically as well as putting yourself in a position where you are around people you can trust(home/family/childhood friends) to succeed. I really feel we are in a great situation with CWT and who/what he brings to the table. He knows Florida football and how passionate we are about it as well as the big traditional schools and their fast rise in the 80's(FSU/UM). Something we can easily achieve putting ourselves in a situation like UM and FSU did where we play anyone, anytime and they have to recognize us and take notice. That is what will put us on the map and in everyones discussions regardless of what conference we are in(Boise St is a great ex.).

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

I just saw his film and he is a very solid back and would love to land him. I really like how he hits the holes, he makes a cut and then runs north/south. Which is very important in a RB, he also showed nice break away speed although that can sometimes be misleading against certain competition. If its similar to when I was playing Cocoa played some good traditional competition in the Daytona area so that should validate his top end speed. He also seems like he knows when to cut/juke/breakdown a player or run over them(making sure pad level is lower and momentum in his favor). I like Jojo but think Folston is the better APB although with CWT I can see him utilizing Jojo's strengths as a slot back or even running a wishbone.

I think CWT(Harbaugh tree) gets it, you play to win and if that means you run the ball 50 times then so be it or starting a younger player over a vet b/c he gives you the best chance to win then thats what matters(team game). I've seen most of the top FL RB's on video and from what I've seen Collins is clear cut #1(flat out on another level nationwide) but Folston is a top 3 back in FL. I know Collins is not being realistic even though I think CWT would allow him to flourish here but think Folston would be the next best choice for us. I would love to see him and Jojo come in and push each other as well as allow us to run multiple packages and take advantage of our athletes. Something we haven't done and has really bothered me considering the athletic ability some of these kids we bring in have(Shaw prime ex.).

As for all the conference realignment BS and playing for a NC, these kids shouldn't focus on something that is ultimately out of their control. Only two teams play for it every year out of 130(?) so do the math and you will realize it takes a lot more than one player or even playing in a great conference to get the opportunity to play in that game and statistically you probably never will. Your most important goal should be to improve yourself as a person both academically and athletically as well as putting yourself in a position where you are around people you can trust(home/family/childhood friends) to succeed. I really feel we are in a great situation with CWT and who/what he brings to the table. He knows Florida football and how passionate we are about it as well as the big traditional schools and their fast rise in the 80's(FSU/UM). Something we can easily achieve putting ourselves in a situation like UM and FSU did where we play anyone, anytime and they have to recognize us and take notice. That is what will put us on the map and in everyones discussions regardless of what conference we are in(Boise St is a great ex.).

Who did he play in the Daytona area?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

Man, i'd love to have this guy. Hop on the bus Tarean!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Folston was never coming here.... two horse race between Oregon and ND for quite a while now.