• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chowdhari Golf Center

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's the only thing unless you have $200 million

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hey guys.

I spoke with Dr. Chowdhari at a wedding yesterday (I know him personally).

While we were discussing various things the golf course came up. I asked him why he was interested in donating to the golf team specifically. He said that it was the only thing that was currently available for donations (not entirely buying it-I think one of his kids plays golf). Just an FYI for you all.

His son is on the golf team.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Hey guys.

While we were discussing various things the golf course came up. I asked him why he was interested in donating to the golf team specifically. He said that it was the only thing that was currently available for donations (not entirely buying it-I think one of his kids plays golf). Just an FYI for you all.

I thought so-and that explains it.

USF breaks ground on new golf facility

By Kim Wilmath, Times Staff Writer

Kim WilmathTampa Bay Times In Print: Wednesday, June 20, 2012

TAMPA — Starting this fall, members of the University of South Florida golf teams will finally be able to shower between practice and class.

For the first time, they will have their own locker rooms — part of a new, 5,000-square-foot training facility made possible by a $1.3 million donation from the parents of a member of the men's team.

The building also will include a fitness center, indoor hitting bays, coach offices, a team lounge and a conference room with a flat-screen television, kitchenette and patio.

USF is celebrating the project, which unofficially broke ground a few weeks ago, at a ceremony today. It is adjacent to the driving range at the popular university course on N 46th Street, across from campus on Fletcher Avenue.

"We'll certainly have all the bells and whistles, and those are nice things, but the simple part of it is that our men and women, they have a home now," said Chris Malloy, coach of the men's golf team.

Having a place to gather together will be great for team development, said Marci Kornegay, coach of the women's team. And the workout space and a state-of-the-art video analysis center will help golfers improve.

All that makes it an "invaluable recruiting tool," Kornegay said.

The donor for the project, Dr. Shaukat Chowdhari, who owns the University Pain Management Clinic near campus, said giving to USF was an easy decision. A member of the USF Foundation Board of Directors, Chowdhari and his family have given to USF several times before.

Their interest in golf — with son Adam on the men's team — led them to this project.

When Adam, a serious golfer in high school, was considering where to go to college, USF was not his top choice. He wanted to go to the Northeast or maybe Oklahoma. But then his dad reminded him, "In Tampa, you can play year-round."

"Now," Chowdhari said, when golf students consider USF, "they don't have to think twice."

The inauguration of the student facility begins at 11 a.m. at the driving range at the USF golf course, called the Claw.

(If you're wondering, the course, which serves more than 50,000 golfers a year, was named for a tree on the 14th hole with a big branch.)

Kim Wilmath can be reached at kwilmath@tampabay.com or (813) 226-3337.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/college/usf-breaks-ground-on-new-golf-facility/1236219

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Hey guys.

I thought so-and that explains it.

Where are the wealthy stripper parents? They could add some new buildings... :wink:

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

Behold the golf facility per gousfbulls.com

TFSQJXCJRJMMAKS20120620180743.jpg

Behold the golf facility per gousfbulls.com

TFSQJXCJRJMMAKS20120620180743.jpg

SWEET!!!

USF Celebrates Chowdhari Golf Center Progress

By TOM ZEBOLD

USF Senior Writer

TAMPA - USF wants to take the next step in getting its golf programs to the elite level and the Bulls will soon have the perfect platform.

Coaches, administrators, supporters and fans gathered at The Claw on Wednesday morning for a construction celebration in front of the Chowdhari Golf Center that's well on its way to being a finished product at the end of August. USF Foundation Board Member Dr. Shaukat Chowdhari and his wife, Dr. Antonina Chowdhari were the main donors for the $1.3 million facility.

"This is one way for us to say thanks to USF for letting our family be involved with this kind of philanthropic situation not only in medicine and academia, but also athletics," Dr. Shaukat Chowdhari said.

This marks the third time the Chowdharis have provided USF with a special gift. They contributed $250,000 to the College of Medicine in 2008 to renovate its gross anatomy lab and gave $130,000 to USF Honors College in 2009 to make sure that students with financial needs have access to a free Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) prep course.

USF is certainly thankful to the Chowdharis for help with the new golf center that serves as the ninth facility in the athletic district to either be renovated or newly constructed in recent years.

"The Chowdaris' generous gift will allow USF to provide world class facilities to its student-athletes and to recruit the best and brightest golfers in the nation to our campus," USF President Judy Genshaft said in a statement. "This new facility will allow us to be more competitive and sets a standard of excellence for our students which they carry forward."

The Chowdhari Golf Center will serve as a main attraction for recruits once they see a 22-foot wide dual bay video analysis center that allows golfers to hit directly into the driving range.

"It will have all the latest and greatest technology to be able to analyze ball flights, club head speed and all those kinds of things," USF Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Doug Woolard said. "It's something I know that will help us to recruit and certainly help in player development."

The 5,040-foot center also features a multi-purpose fitness center, private showers and locker rooms for both USF teams, a shared team lounge with a kitchenette and a short game facility.

"We can compete with all the schools in the state of Florida. We can compete nationally and internationally," said USF women's head coach Marci Kornegay of recruiting. "We're able to offer the same package that other top teams in the country are offering."

"It's my birthday, so this is the best birthday present that I've ever gotten," USF men's head coach Chris Malloy said. "I can't tell you what it means for both of our programs. To be able to get in the game with the athletes we're going after we needed something like this and we've gone above and beyond."

Kornegay said the new golf center serves as more "momentum" for the USF teams that continue to climb the ladder of success. The USF women's team recently captured its first-ever Big East title while Kornegay was named the conference's coach of the year. Sophomore Christina Miller was named Big East Player of the Year.

The USF men know the future is bright with the way its younger players have instantly stepped up as Bulls. Trey Valentine was named Big East Freshman of the Year and he capped off a stellar season by finishing 15th among 75 players at the NCAA Athens Regional.

Now the Bulls will continue to make great strides in a place that they can finally call home.

"The Chowdhari's have really stepped up to the plate and have really given us that piece of the puzzle that's been missing for so long," Kornegay said. "We have to step up our game as well. We have the facilities and let's do it."

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=205459074

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

thanks for posting the rest mama lol I usually only do pictures

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I love how everything in athletics is consistent in its look