• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4-star OL Denver Kirkland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

whoa nelly!! you guys are getting out of control. Never heard woah before but feel free to use it because most people just see it and accept it as whoa.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

whoa nelly!! you guys are getting out of control. Never heard woah before but feel free to use it because most people just see it and accept it as whoa.

Did we go back in time?

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  498

Visiting the same day as Derrick Calloway. That'd be a nice two for one.

Hopefully Calloway still visits.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

We are recruiting and have recruited in the past few seasons an inordinate amount of O-linemen...can we get a running back, some Defensive backs, or maybe another quarterback. Are we going to trot 7 offensive linemen unto the field every down? Could this be the beginnings of a goal line base defense? In all seriousness though, how many more are we looking to pick up?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

We are recruiting and have recruited in the past few seasons an inordinate amount of O-linemen...can we get a running back, some Defensive backs, or maybe another quarterback. Are we going to trot 7 offensive linemen unto the field every down? Could this be the beginnings of a goal line base defense? In all seriousness though, how many more are we looking to pick up?

You are effing insane, if you think it is a good idea to take another skill guy before Denver Kirkland. This kid is NFL bound and one of the most prized recruits in the country. SMH......

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Nah, take Kirkland, but there are other areas that need to be addressed....every time I hear of someone visiting, it is an o-lineman and we have them stockpiled because that is practically all Holtz wanted to recruit. We are short on LB's, QB's, RB's, DE's, and safeties...if the lineman is good take him, I just hope there are enough scholarships left to stockpile at the much needed positions.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Nah, take Kirkland, but there are other areas that need to be addressed....every time I hear of someone visiting, it is an o-lineman and we have them stockpiled because that is practically all Holtz wanted to recruit. We are short on LB's, QB's, RB's, DE's, and safeties...if the lineman is good take him, I just hope there are enough scholarships left to stockpile at the much needed positions.

Glad to hear that the 9th best OL in the country meets your lofty expectations. :furious3: Might be the guy that turns a great QB or RB prospect our way as well. Lot's of dynamics go into different prospects decisions.

And there is this

Under Armour All-American Game: FSU commit Ira Denson says he and Denver Kirkland are package deal

By Alicia DelGallo | Orlando Sentinel

8:56 p.m. EST, January 4, 2013

Rumors have been circling that FSU commit Ira Denson from Madison County would be going to college in a package deal with Miami Booker T. Washington’s offensive tackle Denver Kirkland, who is currently undecided.

Friday at Under Armour’s All-America game in St. Petersburg, Denson said it was more than a rumor.

“We’re going together,†the 6-foot-4, 317-pound offensive guard said.

Since Denson said FSU was his “No. 1 top dog,†and didn’t express as much enthusiasm for the other two schools in the mix, Ole Miss and Auburn, his comments would suggest that Kirkland will soon be a ‘Noles commit, as well.

But when asked about the package deal Kirkland wasn’t as solid in his response.

“We talked about it,†Kirkland (6-5, 285) said. “It is what it is. Whatever happens, happens, but don’t be surprised.â€

And although Kirkland ranked FSU in his top four schools, which also included Ole Miss, Miami and USF, he talked about building a relationship with new USF coach Willie Taggart. Both Denson and Kirkland said they will visit USF this month.

“Me and him [Taggart] are getting that bond, and just getting to know each other better,†Kirkland said. “I think South Florida is really something people don’t know about right now, and a lot of people might be surprised.â€

Kirkland not only spoke highly of South Florida, but he also said he is still looking for a school to fill the fifth spot in his top 5. The two schools in the running are West Virginia and USC.

There was plenty of recruiting going on among players this week at the team hotel during the week of practices leading up to the Under Armour game. Florida pledges tried to Denson away from his FSU commitment during his stay in Orlando, but he said it had no effect on him for the All-American practices and games, but had no effect.

“They say, ‘We can build a better program,’ that I’m a good guy and that they want me to come play for them,†Denson said.

http://buzztap.com/link.jsp?id=20340812&cid=248&source=feed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

“I don’t have an interest.â€

Edited by Bullwinkle